Trade a remote for a carrying bag

Posted by: Ladmo

Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 16/10/2004 19:56

I would like to trade one of my Rio Empeg remotes for an Empeg carrying bag (original). Anyone? I really don't know the value of either one. I was offered $30 US for a remote.
Thanks
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 16/10/2004 20:48

Hm. Trade common item for rare item. Let me think about that...
Posted by: webroach

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 16/10/2004 21:29

I'll trade you my toast for your empeg...?

Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 16/10/2004 21:31

But hm, which more rare? I seem to remember you referring to them as "irreplaceable remotes" in the past. But the bags are also in short supply; maybe even more rare since one didn't ship with every MKIIa (that I'm aware of).

I'll bet you mean the bags are more rare because the functionality of the remote can be replaced by any remote using reprogrammed button codes. But, a bag could be replaced by any bag, as we've seen in the past.....

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 17/10/2004 00:51

No, I mean that there are as many Rio remotes as there are Rio Car units. Actually, if you count the spares that are probably in the hands of the Rio guys and Rob S., there are probably more Rio Remotes than Rio Cars.

I don't know how many empeg bags there are, but I'm guessing the number is fewer than the number of empeg Car units, which in itself is significantly fewer than the number of Rio Car units.

So, in relative terms, the bags are extremely rare, whereas the remotes aren't much more rare than the players themselves.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 17/10/2004 01:20

Mmm.. very tempting.. thinking about it now..
Posted by: The Central Guy

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 17/10/2004 01:40

Attached is a photo of my Empeg bag that I was thinking about trading....It even looks to be "original"....

Randy
Posted by: webroach

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 17/10/2004 05:00

Quote:
Attached is a photo of my Empeg bag that I was thinking about trading....It even looks to be "original"....

You, sir, are a ROCK STAR!!!

Mrs. Webroach is still laughing.
Posted by: tman

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 17/10/2004 10:25

What did happen to the bag stock anyway or was it all sold?

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 17/10/2004 11:58

Geeze! Do y'all trash everyone out? I did/do not know the value of either one. I had extra remotes. Though someone might have extra bag...glad I made y'all laugh! Maybe you'd like me to post a pic of my kid in her wheelchair to get a real chuckle!
Posted by: andym

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 17/10/2004 12:58

Quote:
Geeze! Do y'all trash everyone out?

No, not at all. It's just a little searching (which is what most people do before they post) would reveal that empeg bags are rarer than rocking horse crap. Whereas most people have at least one Rio/Empeg remote per unit that they own. You might as well offer to trade a remote for tuner while you're at it, in fact, you're probably more likely to get a taker.
Posted by: eliceo

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 17/10/2004 14:06

I have an emepg bag with some zipper wear, the usual thing where the zipper gets stuck or off the track. Can anyone speculate if this is an easy repair for someone that is sewing competent?
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 17/10/2004 15:57

I would try a tailor and see what they say.

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 17/10/2004 16:02

Woops, sorry. I don't think anyone here was out to trash anyone. We were just kidding around. Sometimes our humor gets a little edgy. Please don't be offended, we meant no insult.

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 18/10/2004 17:34

I guess I should have offered my spare sled...but then some witty person would have probably posted a picture of Santa's reindeer.....
Posted by: Daria

Re: Trade a remote for a carrying bag - 18/10/2004 18:48

Hey, he's still using that sled.