WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car

Posted by: TerryMathews

WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 27/10/2004 01:35

HD space is irrevelant. Must have car dock, remote, serial cable, and power adapter. All must be in good condition.

Will consider other included items as part of value. Am not interested in tuner module.
Posted by: thrasher

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 27/10/2004 04:16

I have a 20gig and a 30 gig for sale
Posted by: rosqo

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 27/10/2004 06:38

i am interested in either, what price you looking for ?
Posted by: Ladmo

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 27/10/2004 09:23

How about either posting the amount you are looking for and the details...PM me if you like.
I'm also considering another dock, button set, or tuner (sorry, the ebay ones are just out of my reach!)
Thanks
Posted by: TerryMathews

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 27/10/2004 13:16

C'mon guys, I asked first. I should be first in line...

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 27/10/2004 18:23

They are both for sale and are in excellent condition. They come with everthing they came with when they were new. I would like to get 425 dollares for either one. Free shipping in the U.S. And I will leave all the music on them. Terry has first choice if he want one. 30 gig #040104086, 20 gig# 040103260.

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 27/10/2004 19:30

30 gig sold to terry. I still have the 20 gig with 18 gig's of music on it.
Posted by: rosqo

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 28/10/2004 06:39

I will take it. I have PM'd you
Posted by: tonyc

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 29/10/2004 17:15

Quote:
And I will leave all the music on them.

Err.. Don't say this. Not on the BBS.

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 29/10/2004 21:55

You no I was waiting for someone to say somthing. I paid for every cd that was rippid onto my cumputer. What is the prob with me leaving it on the empeg. Is it agianst the law or just your ethics.
Posted by: Daria

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 29/10/2004 22:04

Worst spelling ever.
Posted by: Redrum

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 29/10/2004 22:35

Whenever I hear a song on the radio I send the recording company a dollar. That's why I got an empeg, much cheaper
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 29/10/2004 22:49

Wow, I just lost my title. Sad thing is, just like when I read the quotes on my Very Curious Language of GWB calendar, it all seemed right when I first read it.

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 29/10/2004 22:54

I'm sure you could outdo that, but you'd have to try.

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 29/10/2004 23:08

Well I can not argue with that. I am sure you are all alot smarter than me. Sorry my spelling is so bad. Does this make you a better person than me, I don't no, maybe.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 29/10/2004 23:28

If you intend to also delete all the copies from your computer and provide the orginal CDs along with the empeg, it'd be just fine. Otherwise, it's against the law.

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 29/10/2004 23:33

I will delete all the music off of the empegs before I ship them. I was not aware of it being agianst the law. Sorry

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 29/10/2004 23:47

Hey -- I don't really care. What I wonder about, though, is why you think it was important to note that you'd purchased all those CDs. I mean, it's not like all the music available on the P2P networks magically appeared out of nowhere. Someone purchased the CDs there, too. (Okay, I suppose it's possible that some had been stolen, but that's beside the point.) Is the difference that you were making only two copies instead of hundreds? Or maybe that it was first-generation, if you will.

I think that there are provisions in the law that allow you to share your music with friends, and that's where Napster found its hole in the law. Since it included a chat program, who's to say that you weren't friends, in that the law didn't define what a friend was. (Or maybe it did -- I could be talking out of my ass.) Of course, that was for analog media. When digital media became available, they made different provisions for it. (Part of which is in the higher price for For-Audio branded blank media.)
Posted by: mlord

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 30/10/2004 00:41

Only in your country.. and a few other facist regimes (and the odd "democracy" here and there..).
Posted by: genixia

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 30/10/2004 03:17

I couldn't care less if someone was too lazy to delete music on a player that they sold. Leaving the music there as a selling point is crossing the line. If a seller doesn't presume to increase the player's value (and hence the price obtained) by doing so then why tell everyone?

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 30/10/2004 03:57

Well to tell you the truth it is fun buying a empeg with music on it. To listen to bands you have never heard of. And one way to do that could be to buy a used empeg and discover what other people listen to. Not because I am trying to save money on music but just to discover some new bands. I do not think 425 dollares for any size empeg is asking to much.

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 30/10/2004 04:58

I really doubt I'm a better person than you. Better speller, though, man, I'm so there.
Posted by: Ladmo

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 30/10/2004 11:42

I agree with Thrasher....if it were not for a used cassette deck (remember the 'dark days'?) that someone had left a tape in 'for testing', I would have never discovered that GOOD techno actually existed!

Re: WTB: Complete Empeg MK2 or Rio Car - 30/10/2004 14:19

I agree with all of these sentiments. But we don't want the RIAA deciding that this board is a haven for "pirates" and kicking Tom in the balls. Not that I think that's going to happen, but you never know. They sue children, after all.