WTB: EMPEG Remote Control

Posted by: Indium

WTB: EMPEG Remote Control - 31/10/2004 17:54

Hi Guys

I recently bought myself an EMPEG MKII player.
However, the package did not include a remote.
Does someone have a spare remote he/she would like to sell ?
Is there an internet site that sells remotes that are compatible to EMPEG?
Thanx
Posted by: mdavey

Re: WTB: EMPEG Remote Control - 31/10/2004 19:05

This is a great place to seek a replacement remote, but read this FAQ entry for other suggestions:
Where can I buy a remote control?
Most remotes can be configured to work with Empeg - You'll need to install the Hijack kernel:
What is the Hijack Kernel?
Mapping IR codes to player functions

Re: WTB: EMPEG Remote Control - 31/10/2004 19:40

Michael
Thanks to your guidance I was able to find an Ebay seller that might have the Kenwood remote. Yet I am not sure he'll agree to ship it abroad.....(I already asked him-waiting for answer).
In any case, since I do not have a definitive answer from the Ebay seller I will currently continue my search
- Just wanted to say thanx
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: WTB: EMPEG Remote Control - 31/10/2004 19:52

Greetings!

The Kenwood remote is still available at a lot of places (last time I checked). It should be fairly easy to find one. As for an empeg branded remote, watch the forum - they sometimes appear for sale.

Re: WTB: EMPEG Remote Control - 31/10/2004 19:56

Will do
Is there a big difference between EMPEG branded remote to the Kenwood sibling?

Re: WTB: EMPEG Remote Control - 31/10/2004 20:02

Greetings!

Mostly different buttons for different features. The empeg branded remote allows for long presses, though.
Posted by: eliceo

Re: WTB: EMPEG Remote Control - 01/11/2004 13:14

Do you know of any sites that don't look too shady that are still selling the kenwood remote? I looked a few days ago and all I could find was ebay and a few sites that didnt have secure order checkout.

Re: WTB: EMPEG Remote Control - 01/11/2004 13:42

Hmmm... Very surprising. I had not looked recently, and the places that I shop no longer have them. Let me check my bin of parts to see if I have any of the remotes laying around. More to follow, but I will not know until I return home this evening.

Re: WTB: EMPEG Remote Control - 01/11/2004 21:02

Greetings!

I did not find a spare Kenwood credit card remote, but I did find a Kenwood RC-601 that I acquired somewhere along the way. If you want it, PM me with your address and I will send it out to you.

Re: WTB: EMPEG Remote Control - 03/11/2004 19:48

Hi Guys

Well, I think I managed to obtain an original remote and a new sled. I needed them both so I really got lucky

Thanks again to all of you