Old laptop wanted

Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Old laptop wanted - 22/01/2005 20:40

My girlfriends grandparents would love to be able to keep in touch with friends via the internet but theres no way they can afford a pc of any kind. I offered a free low spec desktop but they live in a small house and can't fit a desktop so a laptop would be ideal.

Does anybody have an old laptop that they'd sell me? It only has to run msn messenger, access internet, email etc. I've tried local papers and ebay etc with no luck.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Old laptop wanted - 22/01/2005 22:26

Keep in mind he's (still?) in "Sunny Scotland"
Posted by: mlord

Re: Old laptop wanted - 22/01/2005 22:27

I have a suitable machine, but it/I are in Canada.

Cheers
Posted by: robricc

Re: Old laptop wanted - 23/01/2005 00:40

I know someone with a 200-something MHz Celeron laptop. I think they want $75 for it. I/it is in USA.
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Old laptop wanted - 23/01/2005 09:36

Oops forgot to mention I'm UK based so the overseas options may not be that great for me.
Posted by: boxer

Re: Old laptop wanted - 26/01/2005 07:23

I have one sitting under my desk, it's an Asus which doesn't close properly and the battery's knacked, but the way I read it, that's not a problem.
To cut a long story short, it doesn't belong to me/my firm.
The support company who own it will be coming to see me with a view to renewing their contract, in a couple of weeks, it's on the inventory, so I can't just quietly slide it out of the door! But I'll ask them, as they haven't missed it for a couple of years, whether they would have any objection to it disappearing for a minimal consideration.

If nothing else turns up for you, in the meantime, I'll be back to you in a couple of weeks, with an answer.
Posted by: boxer

Re: Old laptop wanted - 07/02/2005 07:29

I was unable to help Philip on this one, if anybody else can.