For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring

Posted by: Ladmo

For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 27/07/2005 03:05

I still have a never installed sled with wiring harness. I am offering it up one more to for TRADE, before I sell it outright.

Anyone have any empeg related items they would want to swap for it? If so, please PM me.
Thanks

Re: For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 28/07/2005 10:40

Ok...no interest...guess I'll hack it for parts.
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 28/07/2005 20:08

Is it a MkII or MkIIa sled? MkII's are rumored to have used "better steel". I'm interested but I don't think I have anything interesting to trade for it.

Matthew

Re: For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 29/07/2005 10:12

How do you tell the difference?
Posted by: JayF

Re: For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 29/07/2005 11:35

a mk2a sled has the front of the sled opening bended all the way around.

the mk2 sled doesn't have the top lip of the opeing bent back properly. some say its affected operation of their player but I never have noticed a problem.
Posted by: David

Re: For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 29/07/2005 12:15

Quote:
a mk2a sled has the front of the sled opening bended all the way around.

the mk2 sled doesn't have the top lip of the opeing bent back properly. some say its affected operation of their player but I never have noticed a problem.

It is the Mk2a sled that had the problem with the top edge not being bent back, but it only affected a few hundred of the first batch of sleds IIRC. All of the Mk2 sleds were correctly made.

Side, by side, the two are easy to tell apart, but it is difficult to describe them. If you have a sled with the top edge not bent back then it is a Mk2a sled. Other differences are that the Mk2 sled was made from nice solid stainless steel, with the edges and corners all nicely smoothed over. The Mk2a sled was made from mild steel (IIRC) and had sharper edges and the solder joints on the outside weren't smoothed down. I'd be able to identify what type it is from a photo.

Re: For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 29/07/2005 19:17

Cool. I'll check the sled and let you know what the one I have to trade/sell is. I will post a picture just to make sure.
Thanks David! UBD man!

Re: For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 31/07/2005 00:31

Here are a couple of pictures...hope I do this right...
Posted by: David

Re: For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 31/07/2005 08:15

They are Mk2a sleds.

Re: For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 31/07/2005 11:11

Thanks, David. Now maybe I can sell one and buy an empeg carrying bag!
Posted by: toolman

Re: For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 31/07/2005 20:33

where are you located?

Re: For Trade - MK2 Sled/with wiring - 31/07/2005 23:28

I'm in the U.S. Why? Got something to swap?
I have to start raising some cash, so the swap offer is only open for a limited time longer!
PM me with any reasonable offer?

Thanks