WTB: empeg or riocar MKII

Posted by: SteveG_CA

WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 06/01/2006 01:33

Looking to buy a complete MKII setup for my car, must be willing to ship to Canada.

PM me or post here the info on what you got and how much your asking.

Thanks

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 06/01/2006 19:32

I should add that when I say "complete setup" I'm talking a good working head unit and sled...not really interested in any accessories at this point in time.
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 06/01/2006 19:34

If any accessories do appear though you might want to snap them up while you can. Original bags are very rare. Tuners aren't too hard to come by but its something I'd consider.

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 06/01/2006 20:06

It's all about the cost really Phil...I've got it in my head that if I'm up around 400 bucks I'll just put together a car PC and have something more than just an MP3 store and play system....yes I know a car PC is not as unique or as "culty" as an empeg but all I want to do is listen to some of my tunes in the car. I'm not a diehard car stereo buff by any means either I mean I've been getting by with the factory CD changer unit in my 96 Saturn SL2 since new but the kids got me into the MP3 thing with this 1gig RCA Lyra (RD2317) so here I am looking to spend money when I shouldn't be...lol...just thinking about it I have not had an after market car stereo since about 1996 when my high powered sony setup got ripped out of my little Suzuki Swift.
Posted by: tman

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 06/01/2006 20:08

Don't forget the included remote as well. They're hard to come by as well.

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 06/01/2006 20:25

A remote I'm sitting only about 1 foot away from the location on my dash where a system will live...lol....a remote would be great for the kids in the back seat I suppose. Sorry guys I'm not being rude at all....I snickered at the sales guy at Future Shop the other day when he pointed out the features of the remote that came with this Pioneer head unit I was looking at....I guess not having a car stereo for 10 years has put me way outa the loop so to speak
Posted by: mlord

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 06/01/2006 20:27

Where in Canada, Steve?

I'm in Ottawa.

Cheers
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 06/01/2006 20:32

Any empeg should have the remote included as it was included with them when new. But good point - some get lost so make sure you get one. Theres some things you need the remote for (although off hand I can't remember what! I've never used mine!)

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 06/01/2006 20:33

I'm in London Mark...about 5 hours west of you via the 401.
Posted by: Robotic

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 06/01/2006 20:41

Quote:
...Theres some things you need the remote for (although off hand I can't remember what!).

I know you're talking about access to functionality, but for me the biggest use for the remote is at home when my empeg is loaded into my MLord Dock and feeding my home stereo system.
Has anyone mentioned that the MLord Dock is a great option to get your hands on? MmmmMmmmGood!

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 06/01/2006 20:55

It does come with the basic empeg unit you know

My empeg lives most of the time on my desk. It must be a whole 1-2 feet away at most. I still use the remote...
Posted by: AndrewT

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 07/01/2006 01:57

You, having said
Quote:
Looking to buy a complete MKII setup for my car, must be willing to ship to Canada.

A Canadian member on here tosses you a line...
Quote:
Where in Canada, Steve?

I'm in Ottawa.

Cheers

I can't quite fathom the nature of your reply; mlord was 'potentially' offering you a 'local' sale/delivery but you then responded with..
Quote:
I'm in London Mark...about 5 hours west of you via the 401.

Sorry, but are you trying to be rude or did I miss something here? Depending upon agreeing a sale, you had exactly what you asked for here but you kindof blew it?

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 07/01/2006 02:21

Chill out, dude!

Steve understood me perfectly, from one frozen canuck to another.

No sale, no sale intended. Just keepin' tabs for whatever.

Cheers!
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 07/01/2006 02:53

Andrew, in case you are getting confused about the London part, he's from London, Ontario not London, England.

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 07/01/2006 03:31

Quote:
Andrew, in case you are getting confused about the London part, he's from London, Ontario not London, England.

I guess he did not check my personal profile before hand...it's all good though, I understand how confusion could strike seeing as how many members here are from the UK.

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 08/01/2006 01:01

Yeah, it appears that I was totally confused about the London part; I never knew there was a London outside of good old blighty, that'll teach me not to be so UK-centric in future!

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 08/01/2006 01:08

Steve, I'm sorry that I doubted your attitude and thanks for taking it so well. D'oh, I'll go crawl back under my rock and spend some time re-reading my geography book as pennance!

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 08/01/2006 02:02

Loads of places named London I've visited the London Steve is from on several occasions because I've got friends that used to study at Western. Can you guess what the river is called that goes through London?

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 08/01/2006 03:07

Quote:
I'm in London Mark...about 5 hours west of you...

Heh heh.. funny thing is, that statement applies to both AndrewT and myself!

Cheers, all!

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 08/01/2006 04:49

Us Canucks so much love the UK and it's people that we cloned your ages old city and named our river after yours...we don't have a palace or big clock yet though...we still drive on the right side of the road too
Posted by: genixia

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 08/01/2006 05:50

Quote:
Loads of places named London I've visited the London Steve is from on several occasions because I've got friends that used to study at Western. Can you guess what the river is called that goes through London?

Would it be named the same as the river that flows through New London, CT ?

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 08/01/2006 13:11

Well, it's certainly not the same river that flows through Stratford (your choice of which side of the pond).

Cheers
Posted by: Ladmo

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 08/01/2006 14:26

Quote:

....And don't forget the London Bridge in Arizona!!!
Posted by: julf

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 08/01/2006 17:45

The only reason I remember London, Ontario is the guy I met in Lubbock, Texas, who was soooo proud that he had beeen abroad once - to London. It took me a while to realize that we were talking about entirely different Londons... As he never had to get a passport... Oh, and that reminds me of the time at the Denver Rodeo where a friend remarked "out of all the audience, 99.99% don't have a passport..."
Posted by: cushman

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 08/01/2006 19:29

On summer vacations my parents and I used to drive by this signpost in Maine. And LOTS of places in the US are named after places in the UK, in Ohio we have both Dublin and London which are about 40 miles apart.
Posted by: Waterman981

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 08/01/2006 23:26

You can't forget Dublin, TX!
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: WTB: empeg or riocar MKII - 10/01/2006 01:33

And lots of places in Pennsylvania are named after places in the USA. It must have the highest concentration of crazy and duplicated names. Indiana, PA; Moscow, PA; even lowly Bethlehem, PA. The list goes on and on and on.