WTB: Mk2a Sled

Posted by: Major_Sarcasm

WTB: Mk2a Sled - 26/01/2006 18:49

My sled has now been in and out of several (actually, probably more than several) vehicles and has unfortunately started to split! So, I'm looking to buy another one.

I'd have loved a black one, but it seems that robriic is out of stock (sleds link in the header).

Anyone got one for sale please? You can email me on steve <at> major-sarcasm.com or PM me via the site. Please include shipping to the UK in any prices.

Thankyta.

Re: WTB: Mk2a Sled - 30/01/2006 11:12

No-one?
Posted by: mlord

Re: WTB: Mk2a Sled - 30/01/2006 13:18

Patience.

It sounds like you want *only* the sled, not the wiring harness.

That being the case, RobS has a ton of those, original shiny metal coloured. Black spray paint is available from a zillion stores in your local area.

-ml

Re: WTB: Mk2a Sled - 30/01/2006 21:01

If the associated harness is easy to swap from one sled to another, then I could indeed get away with just the cage.

I'm assuming that 'RobS' goes by the handle 'schofiel' on here? I'll send him a PM...

Thanks Mark. Helpful as usual.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: WTB: Mk2a Sled - 30/01/2006 21:03

Yeah, you can unscrew the harness from one and screw it back into another without problem.

Re: WTB: Mk2a Sled - 30/01/2006 21:20

Excellent
Posted by: tfabris

Re: WTB: Mk2a Sled - 30/01/2006 22:35

Just make sure to use loctite so that you don't have this problem later.

Wait. That's mostly just an issue on the player, not on the sled. Ah well. Still doesn't hurt to remind people to check their docking connector screws. Cuz when they come undone, it's really messy.
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: WTB: Mk2a Sled - 31/01/2006 05:31

I'll seccond that. Time to check those screws. "Not Pretty" is an understatement.

Matthew

Re: WTB: Mk2a Sled - 31/01/2006 07:31

That sounds like the voice of experience!

I'll definitely do the screw-check before I re-install the empeg in my new car (whatever that ends up being).

Thanks all.