Wanted: empeg remote

Posted by: Dignan

Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 14:49

I've been without my wonderful empeg remote for a few years now, and it's always bugged me. I've been using a steering wheel mounted remote and it's just crap.

I'd like to know if anyone is willing to sell their empeg remote. I'm picky, though. I'd much prefer to have one of the older remotes that came with the original MkII's. So if anyone has one they'd be willing to part with, I promise I'll take better care of it this time

So let me know how much you'd like for one, and I'll send it through Paypal.

(ps- the older remotes say "empeg" on them, right? it's been so long since I lost mine that I can't remember, and oddly I can't find a picture of the remotes anywhere!)
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 14:50

I thought the older remotes said Kenwood and the new ones said Rio?

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 14:52

Quote:
I thought the older remotes said Kenwood and the new ones said Rio?

Hmm, you're probably right. Half of me was remembering it that way, and the other half told me there was an empeg branded one...
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 14:55

There may be but I've not seen one. I think I have a Rio one somewhere but haven't seen it for a while.
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 15:27

Nope, you want one of the new ones. I'd be happy to sell you an unopened Kenwood, but it's not going to do you a whole lot of good.

Now, a stun/kill remote, that's what I want.

Matthew
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 15:44

Like this one? Even that was Rio branded.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 16:14

Yeah, the original remotes were generic Kenwood remotes. You can conceivably get one of those anywhere. The new ones are Rio-branded and have more functions; that is, there are things you can do with the Rio remote that you can't do with the Kenwood one.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 16:22

Quote:
and the other half told me there was an empeg branded one...

Yes, but only as a prototype. They had the stun/kill button on them. There were only a few prototypes made that had both the Empeg logo and the stun/kill button.

No, I'm not selling mine. <cackles maniacally>

Coincidentally, my Rio-branded remote is starting to have certain buttons be harder to press. I have to press the Pause button and the Volume Up very hard to make them work. All the other buttons on the remote work fine. So I'm wondering if I should also hunt for a rio-branded remote, or if there's a way I can safely peel apart the one I've got to work on the button contacts.

I'd just use the empeg-branded remote, but like I said, it's a rare item and I don't want it to get scratched and worn out like the Rio remote did.

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 17:35

Wait... Your stun/kill is Empeg branded???
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 17:45

Posted by: robricc

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 19:47

Pffftt!

Neither of you have the ultra-rare Rio Car branded black bag or the bitchin' thing.

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 27/01/2006 20:41

Valid point!!!
Posted by: jono

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 28/01/2006 01:28

I got an XAct radio for Christmas and noticed the remote appears to be based on the same Kenwood remote. I assume you could use Hijack to remap it to approximate the original remote.
http://www.xactcommunication.com/Visor-29/XRM03-Visor-Remote-Control-108.html
They're $10 on Xact's site.
Oh, you would lose two buttons though...
Posted by: TigerJimmy

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 28/01/2006 03:12

I think "bitchin' thing" might be the perfect name for that object...
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 28/01/2006 16:57

Some guys get all the good toys. I've often considered asking Robricc to let me remanufacture those bitchin' metal stands. Every time, I either forget or chicken out.

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 28/01/2006 19:02

Wow, my memory sucks! It's been so long since I've had that remote. Well, I don't really want a generic one, so if anyone is willing to sell me a Rio remote, let me know.
Posted by: robricc

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 29/01/2006 04:03

If you want to borrow it for a bit to get that done, that's fine with me! I currently use it to display my Mk1 in my bookshelf. Right next to my unpopulated Mk1 motherboard. Lots of people have those though...
Posted by: thirdeyevision

Re: Wanted: empeg remote - 14/02/2006 14:16

i have a remote if you want to buy one.