Selling UGLY Empeg

Posted by: KTB_PDrive

Selling UGLY Empeg - 11/01/2008 23:12

I have a MkII for sale. Its display was replace by Stu at Eutronix about 1 year / 18 months ago.

Let me state EXACTLY what the status is.
Its ugly, no face plate or lense or buttons, I took them off and now i'll be lucky if i find all the pieces in my new house.
the handle on one side is missing a screw and the springs on the handle are gone.

So if you have a pretty but dead unit, maybe you can just pop your hard drive in, put your fascia and buttons on and get a complete unit.

Send me a PM with your best offer.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 12/01/2008 00:29

PM sent.

But could you clarify something for everyone:

Does it work?

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 12/01/2008 02:33

The hard drive will need to be replaced as it has intermittent problems.

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 12/01/2008 18:57

any idea on how the sled and tuner can be removed? I paid to have it installed in my car..

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 12/01/2008 20:13

Originally Posted By: KTB_PDrive
any idea on how the sled and tuner can be removed? I paid to have it installed in my car..

It should all remove easily *from the front*, without having to disassemble the dash or anything.

The sled is designed to be held in place by bendable metal tabs, just in from the front edge. Look closely at it, and you should notice many such tabs, but only 2-4 of them actually bent to hold it.

Just reach into the tab holes with bentnose pliers (or straight needlenose, or stiff wire, or a fork, or..) and put the bent tabs back up so that they are once again flush with the sled.

One they're all straight again, the sled should pull gently straight out from the dash. The cabling and tuner are probably stuffed in behind it.

There's a small chance that you may have to crawl in on your back and detach a small metal strap/screw from the centre/rear of the sled before it will budge. Some installers connect that, and some don't.

Cheers
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 12/01/2008 23:05

Originally Posted By: mlord
It should all remove easily *from the front*, without having to disassemble the dash or anything.

Depends on how they installed it. Mine isn't held in place by the tabs, I drilled screw holes in the sides to attach to the Honda dash cage. So that statement, although generally true, has a relatively large "but" attached to it.
Posted by: LittleBlueThing

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 13/01/2008 09:12

If you get stuck then post some piccies from different angles - we've seen a lot of installs so may be able to spot things and advise.

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 14/01/2008 16:09

Note to all:

I've backed out of this transaction (too many empegs now), so this (great!) deal is still available. It's worth it for the display alone, so go for it!

Cheers
Posted by: deadsled13

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 15/01/2008 02:28

Nudge nudge...wink wink....say no more!
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 19/01/2008 18:51

Hm, I should get that to replace the dead (?) motherboard in my friend's empeg.....
Posted by: mbcouple

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 21/02/2008 14:12

PM sent

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 21/02/2008 14:47

Originally Posted By: FireFox31
Hm, I should get that to replace the dead (?) motherboard in my friend's empeg.....

You should mail that "dead" motherboard to me here.
I think I can probably fix it (haven't failed yet).

Cheers
Posted by: mbcouple

Re: Selling UGLY Empeg - 28/02/2008 19:57

I am interested (I need a new display for one of mine, or can transfer over the cosmetic parts to this one). Please email me at hans14914 (at) yahoo (dot) com with asking price.
Thanks
Hans