20gb. Empeg in UK

Posted by: boxer

20gb. Empeg in UK - 06/09/2008 12:49

I am, putting the Boxer Empeg No.060000309 up for sale, as a package: This is an original Mk. 2 Empeg 20gb., not a Rio, together with 2 well used car docks, a Mark Lord home dock in good condition, a little used original tuner, an Empeg carry case instructions etc..

This is no sign of dissatisfaction, I would like somebody else to have the enjoyment that I've had out of it: Quite simply, I've decided to give up car ownership and it won't go in our VW., which, anyway, has a 6 MP3 CD changer.

I've discovered that I can make my fortnightly trips to North Wales by train (with an oldies pass) , plus basic hire car for roughly what it costs me in fuel. The rest of the time we're in the car together or, if we desperately need two cars, I can hire one. So an ipod, with an FM transmitter will be more use to me than an Empeg.

I'm using it until the end of October at which point: The best bid gets it. Within reason I'll deliver it (possibly making it an excuse for a weekend break somewhere), so I'm looking for a UK buyer and, one final point, any money raised goes to Diabetes Research.
Posted by: Cris

Re: 20gb. Empeg in UK - 15/09/2008 14:21

Godfrey,

This sounds like a really good cause, so I'll start the bidding at £50.

I am sure we will get much more than that by the end of October!

Cheers

Cris.

Posted by: crazyplums

Re: 20gb. Empeg in UK - 24/10/2008 08:26

well i haven't a home dock, and the empeg i bought as spare to upgrade is dead, so i'll up it to £60.

should i buy it, i'm near eastbourne, lovely place for a weekend!! posted is ok too!! ;-)

Re: 20gb. Empeg in UK - 31/10/2008 15:54

since it's for a good cause, i'll go £90.

happy halloweeen everyone!
Posted by: zoony

Re: 20gb. Empeg in UK - 31/10/2008 17:56

I'll go to £110. It would be a bargain, and I am that good cause, and since I dropped mine on the floor in Bolton.........

Posted by: boxer

Re: 20gb. Empeg in UK - 01/11/2008 11:24

Sorry guys, I've got to use the phrase: "failed to meet reserve" - that would be an awful lot of Empeg for the money - a Mark Lord dock alone is now a sought after item.
It's not that I'm desperate to sell, and need the cash, I'm not currently using it and thought someone else might have some enjoyment out of it.

Re: 20gb. Empeg in UK - 05/11/2008 18:52

what kinda figure were you thinking?