WTB: Adapter for wiring harness

Posted by: FireFox31

WTB: Adapter for wiring harness - 10/12/2008 00:38

I need to test some new equipment between the empeg and my car wiring harness. Instead of cutting up the harness I've built, I'd like to buy an adapter which goes between the empeg sled and the car's harness.

Does anyone have this spare harness adapter that I could buy? I need to close the deal fairly quickly because the test is on a deadline. Thanks.

And while I'm at it, does anyone have the similar adapter for an older Alpine unit, specifically the CDM-7874? It must be similar to many others from 2001. If you've got a spare, I'd gladly buy it. Thanks.

Re: WTB: Adapter for wiring harness - 10/12/2008 11:40

I remember reading that the adapter is the same as a Honda wiring harness, but I can't find that on the forum of faq. That would mean, I'm looking for a Honda reverse harness, which I also can't find at Crutchfield or Metra. I know this stuff is out there, though. Also looking for the Alpine reverse harness.
Posted by: robricc

Re: WTB: Adapter for wiring harness - 10/12/2008 12:06

I think you want is Metra 71-1784. Unlike the ISO adapter bundled with the empeg, this one also has speaker outputs on a separate, but attached block of leads.

I believe I ran into this connector when installing into my friend's early 90s GTI. You should be able to just plug the empeg into the top half of this connector.

Re: WTB: Adapter for wiring harness - 10/12/2008 20:26

Great, thanks. Either I get that, or I'll get this and just cut the ISO female off the end. Then I'd have a spare ISO male if one of my sleds ever got damaged.

Thanks.