Mk II Red Lens Wanted

Posted by: grgcombs

Mk II Red Lens Wanted - 03/07/2001 12:09

Looking for a Mk II Red lens, please contact if you've got one available for purchase. (Paypal?)

--
Rio Car (10MB) Blue Face (looking for Red)
'01 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro

Still looking - 06/07/2001 14:49

Still looking for a red facia for the Mark II empeg.

Greg Combs
rc at swampzombie dot com

--
'01 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Still looking - 06/07/2001 16:20

You're aware that you'll be able to buy one (as well as other accessories) from Empeg as soon as they can get their online store back up, right?

Re: Still looking - 06/07/2001 16:26

I think people have given up on waiting for that :-)

Just call me ... - 06/07/2001 20:02

Instant Gratification Man!!!!

"I'll buy your product at the drop of a hat, so long as you don't tell me any downsides to ownership!"

g

--
'01 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
Posted by: rob

Re: Still looking - 07/07/2001 03:03

Well, not "as soon as" - the store should definitely be up next week (the stock is now in the UK, awaiting customs clearance) but the AR panels are in a 3 week queue for AR coating. The contractor had a machine breakdown and we haven't been able to find anyone that can do it faster.

Rob

What is AR? - 07/07/2001 08:21

What exactly is AR coating? Anti-Radiation? Arctic-Resonator? Altered-Reality?

Everyone talks about AR lenses, but what exactly does this give me? Is there an option to buy Non-AR lenses?

g

--
'01 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
Posted by: srhodes

Re: Still looking - 07/07/2001 08:22

You may think me mad, but will it be possible to get non AR coated panels when the store goes live or is it AR only from now on? I only ask cuz I've just put my original non-AR blue back in and I think that it looks nicer and gives a more professional finish with the glossier display. This is, of course, just a personal opinion that I'm sure alot of people will disagree with so go easy on me.

Steve - 18GB Mk II Blue
Posted by: tfabris

Re: What is AR? - 07/07/2001 10:18

Anti-Reflective.

Re: Still looking - 07/07/2001 15:40

No, the AR coat goes on before the ITO (EMC coat) so we don't have any non coated panels even as a special.

There must be a lot of non coated panels out there - we've sent out a few hundred coated replacements for early customers.

Rob

Posted by: srhodes

Re: Still looking - 07/07/2001 15:56

Shame - I would like to try a red in my car but the blue seems just right against the plastic interior - just wish I could match up to my dash display better.

Steve - 18GB Mk II Blue