SQL ERROR

Posted by: wfaulk

SQL ERROR - 18/07/2002 17:55

People in the know have noticed that SQL ERROR that's towards the top of every page, right?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: SQL ERROR - 18/07/2002 18:01

Oh, THAT?

I thought it was just a new style. Kind of retro-hacker-tech.

Re: SQL ERROR - 18/07/2002 18:14

Maybe we could get all the errors to show up in pixellated green on black, like this.

Re: SQL ERROR - 18/07/2002 18:24

I've always gotten a kick out of JWZ's site. His camo-netting-cubicle page is still in my bookmarks, and my friend Tod actually DID the camo-netting thing in his home office once.
Posted by: drakino

Re: SQL ERROR - 18/07/2002 23:17

Nope, didn't notice it, and I certenly didn't just fix it either.

The underlying problem was this:
145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired

Not sure what in the code is causing the online table to break it's self every week or so at most. Watching it overtime, it's overhead will grow to a huge ammount, and I think eventually just cause problems due to it. Anyone know any easy ways of dealing with a relativily small table in mySQL that gets changed quite a bit, and also deleted from? To me, this shouldn't be normal, and I don't like the idea that I need a repair statement in my crontab for the BBS. But I've never had to do this with RioCar.org, and it has a similar online table...

Re: SQL ERROR - 19/07/2002 10:03

You know what, now that you mention it, I could swear that, a long time ago, PaulH had a similar problem on the original server where this BBS was hosted. Have you asked him if he knows about it?
Posted by: loren

Re: SQL ERROR - 19/07/2002 11:08

Thank you for reminding why the web was once great.

Re: SQL ERROR - 19/07/2002 12:30

Because of SQL errors??