Drive upgrade finished, I need Tux back!

Posted by: cushman

Drive upgrade finished, I need Tux back! - 05/09/2002 22:12

Hey, can someone e-mail me the original Tux boot logo, where he casually sauters from outside the screen, pauses for dramatic effect, then waves a happy, friendly little "Howdy pardner, get ready for another rad day listening to your favorite music (Clem Snide)".

I added another hard drive and lost it after I installed Hijack again.

BTW, the upgrade went famously thanks to the instructions provided in the FAQ. Thanks again, Tony. 10g + 40g = 50g!

Wahoo!
Posted by: Neutrino

Re: Drive upgrade finished, I need Tux back! - 06/09/2002 08:05

I believe you can find that in the Boot Logos section of RioCar.Org. The link is at the top of this page.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Drive upgrade finished, I need Tux back! - 06/09/2002 09:17

Hey, can someone e-mail me the original Tux boot logo

The default Tux-waving animation (that I made for the original 2.0 release) should be attached to this message if all goes well. click here to grab it.

Note that in order to see it, you need to install the software version 2.0 beta 13, at which point it should be there by default already.

If you install Hijack atop 2.0 beta 13, you will get the Hijack animation instead of the default animation, so that's when you might need the attached logo.

Oh, and you need to use Jemplode to install the logo, of course.

BTW, the upgrade went famously thanks to the instructions provided in the FAQ. Thanks again, Tony.

No problem.
Posted by: cushman

Re: Drive upgrade finished, I need Tux back! - 06/09/2002 10:52

Rock. Thanks again, Tony.

Neutrino: That was the first place I went (as usual) but after the logos didn't load in my browser, and verifying that the logo directory on empeg.miniinfo.net was empty I remembered Drakino's post about the logos being unavailable. I guess he still hasn't resolved the issue yet.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Drive upgrade finished, I need Tux back! - 06/09/2002 10:58

I guess he still hasn't resolved the issue yet.

I thought he had solved it, but I'm still seeing the same problem with the logo site as you're seeing.
Posted by: Neutrino

Re: Drive upgrade finished, I need Tux back! - 06/09/2002 11:42

Opps my mistake, I actually went there to confirm it was there but I didn't try to download it.
Posted by: drakino

Re: Drive upgrade finished, I need Tux back! - 06/09/2002 13:29

I did restore them once, time to dig into why they keep disappearing. This may involve shutting down all code relating to the managment of the logos, in case it's someone exploiting a bug in my code and not tellimg me about it.