Earthquake

Posted by: snoopstah

Earthquake - 22/09/2002 17:04

Got all scared then!

(For those not in the UK, just had a very minor quake here - v. small one, followed by a larger one that shook the house noticably)

A.
Posted by: Tim

Re: Earthquake - 22/09/2002 20:12

Earthquakes freak me out. We had a bunch in Alaska when I lived there. I guess there was a decent quake the last night I was in Tokyo my last trip, it woke up a few of the people I traveled with. It didn't wake me up, but I probably figured it was just part of the dream after spending way too much time and money in 'The Bunny Club'
Posted by: rob

Re: Earthquake - 23/09/2002 02:07

I KNEW I wasn't going mad! I clearly felt two shocks last night, and I hadn't been drinking

They were very minor but enough to unsettle the water in my aquarium - according to the news today the epicentre was on the opposite side of the country, so it's amazing it could be felt at all in Cambridge.

Rob
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Earthquake - 23/09/2002 06:29

After living in California for a while, it got so that anything less than a 6 on the richter scale was just an amusing way to get out of class for 15 minutes. Above a 6? Been there and don't want to do it again...but far less scary than a hurricane. I'm still waiting on my first near miss with a tornado
Posted by: boxer

Re: Earthquake - 23/09/2002 06:46

We felt it in North Yorkshire, I understand it was centred on Walsall, or was it Droitwich, whether these are towns that need a good shake-up, is a matter of opinion.