Simulating Turntable effects in software?

Posted by: Burgin

Simulating Turntable effects in software? - 23/09/2002 12:28

Does anyone know of a WinAmp plug-in or any other media player or program that allows the user to do scratch effects with a sound file, in other words, something like a "virtual turntable".

Posted by: mtempsch

Re: Simulating Turntable effects in software? - 23/09/2002 13:34

Can't help you on the software part, and this might be totally uninteresting for you, but the empeg guys demo'ed a "mp3 turntable" (the equivalent of a DJs turntable, but with the tunes stored within...) at this years european meet - very cool! Not something they were likely to produce themselves, but they would be talking to other companies. See this thread Picture here

/Michael
Posted by: Burgin

Re: Simulating Turntable effects in software? - 23/09/2002 14:30

Cool, if it's not too expensive. That would be next best alternative if it's somewhat hackable like the Empeg.

Will it do OGG?
Posted by: rob

Re: Simulating Turntable effects in software? - 23/09/2002 15:14

The prototype IS an empeg (plus a PIC board which decodes the extra controls). It has some additional software - very cool stuff. It's anyone's guess if this will go commercial, but I guarantee they will be used in anger at some psychadelic trance parties in the near future

Rob
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Simulating Turntable effects in software? - 23/09/2002 15:32

How about this program / hardware
I remember hearing about being made for BeOS when that was still around. I believe it actually does use BeOS.

http://www.finalscratch.com/fs2/start.asp
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Simulating Turntable effects in software? - 24/09/2002 11:20

Hmmm.... sounds as if another one got built, then. Does this mean Toby's back on the road again? Or is it annual barbecue time?