System Administrator Day

Posted by: tfabris

System Administrator Day - 25/07/2003 12:01

Today is System Administrator Appreciation day.

Ironically, the www.sysadminday.com site is down at the moment.

I'd like to express my appreciation to the system administrators of this bulletin board and riocar.org. Thanks for keeping us working!
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: System Administrator Day - 25/07/2003 12:03

I'm thinking 24/7 might have been a better choice of days....

And I don't think it's ironic at all. They probably took the day off to go appreciate themselves.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: System Administrator Day - 25/07/2003 12:15

They probably took the day off to go appreciate themselves.
I've heard you can go blind doing that.
Posted by: genixia

Re: System Administrator Day - 25/07/2003 12:52

I've heard you can go blind doing that.

I've heard that you can get cancer if you don't!
Posted by: drakino

Re: System Administrator Day - 27/07/2003 09:17

I'd like to express my appreciation to the system administrators of this bulletin board and riocar.org. Thanks for keeping us working!
Well, from the only one who really monitors the boards here, your welcome.

I'm just glad I have been able to keep it hosted where it is for so long for free. Part of that probably has to do with Epic hosting udn.epicgames.com on the same box, and paying well for that service. So, [unintentional plug]go buy Unreal Tournament 2003[/unintentional plug]
Posted by: frog51

Re: System Administrator Day - 28/07/2003 03:46

Already did, and it rocks! Aside from the MAME games, the only others I play regularly are UT2003, and Quake 2 on Silicon Graphics (as there are some nice extras - really high resolutions, good transparencies with refraction etc)
Posted by: frog51

Re: System Administrator Day - 28/07/2003 03:46

Already did, and it rocks! Aside from the MAME games, the only others I play regularly are UT2003, and Quake 2 on Silicon Graphics (as there are some nice extras - really high resolutions, good transparencies with refraction etc)
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: System Administrator Day - 28/07/2003 21:30

Quake 2 on Silicon Graphics (as there are some nice extras - really high resolutions, good transparencies with refraction etc)
Must come with an echo feature, as well.
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: System Administrator Day - 28/07/2003 22:04

Nifty. I just submitted the story to Slashdot -- if that's not News for Nerds, I don't know what is!