what is wrong with these people??

Posted by: muzza

what is wrong with these people?? - 15/11/2003 20:21

I've just been to another computer swap meet. There was the usual collection of nerds, geeks and people like me.

The number of times I was overpowered by the unholy stench from some of the men there was unbelieveable!
Why is it that nerds in particular have a) no sense of smell, b) no hygene. The venue must have to have cleaners to scrub the walls and cieling after this group goes through every month

I might rig up one of those beer hats with cans or air freshener and a remote trigger next time I go!
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: what is wrong with these people?? - 16/11/2003 04:56

Because they don't have any girls to impress?
Posted by: robricc

Re: what is wrong with these people?? - 16/11/2003 16:21

Some people at computer shows are really gross. I guess the New York area is no different from Australia in this respect.
Posted by: Burgin

Re: what is wrong with these people?? - 23/11/2003 00:36

"I might rig up one of those beer hats with cans or air freshener and a remote trigger next time I go!"

That might may matters worse. Air freshoners and deorderant are preventents. They don't much good after the fact.

In fact, they can often make the odor even worse. (same thing with rug cleaner and dog poop).

BRUTE, over top of BO HAS to be the worst. Although, BRUTE without the BO is almost just as BAD.

I kinda of wonder to what degree people are impervious to their own body odors.

Your olfactory system has to filter it out somewhat right?

Posted by: Daria

Re: what is wrong with these people?? - 23/11/2003 01:40

My odors bother me. Sometimes I notice things my wife won't when I ask her.

I shower at least once a day and sometimes more, and sometimes it's still not enough. I hate my body.
Posted by: muzza

Re: what is wrong with these people?? - 23/11/2003 05:50

sometimes it's still not enough

At least you're conscious of it. These people had just come form home; it was only 10am!
Posted by: genixia

Re: what is wrong with these people?? - 23/11/2003 10:14

Hmm. Geeks in social situations. Probably nervous. You're smelling the fear.