Would it be ok...

Posted by: ShadowMan

Would it be ok... - 19/11/2003 07:46

...to sell items that are non-empeg related on the off-topic board?

Just wondering. I am sure a lot of us have stuff up on auction or offered for private sale that might be of interest to other empegs owners/technology geeks.

Any thoughts?
Maybe an Off-Topic For Sale forum?

Rene

Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Would it be ok... - 19/11/2003 08:04

Its been done before. I don't see why not, but best to wait for Tony to say either way. You don't want to incur his wrath!
Posted by: boxer

Re: Would it be ok... - 19/11/2003 08:35

It's a good point, half jokingly, I offered my redundant "Wavefinder" for sale in a "General" thread a couple of hours back, if it's not O.K., I withdraw that offer to a more suitable arena.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Would it be ok... - 19/11/2003 11:08

If it's computer related or audio/stereo related, then definitely put it in the regular "for sale" forum here on the BBS.

Otherwise, you're going to get a much better response on ebay than you would here.
Posted by: robricc

Re: Would it be ok... - 19/11/2003 11:47

I've sold tons of crap on this BBS before, but usually in threads that are currently active and on-topic with what I have for sale.
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Would it be ok... - 19/11/2003 11:58

And I've bought from you, but in such a thread.

Tony's probably right, though. I posted a sale for one of my switches about a week ago. Not one person replied. I finally put it on ebay and sold it through Buy it Now in less than a day.
Posted by: drakino

Re: Would it be ok... - 19/11/2003 13:00

Personally I don't mind, but please do keep it in the For Sale area. This will help keep it to one area for people to look, or ignore if not interested. Keep it reasonable on what is sold, and it shouldn't cause problems. Just a word of warning too. Since anyone can sign up here, and noone has a rating like the eBay rating system, I take no responsibility over issues between buyer and seller.