Best software to rip my music CDs to mp3s?

Posted by: RussPath03

Best software to rip my music CDs to mp3s? - 05/12/2003 21:19

I tried EAC / LAME but what I notice after doing one cd is that the INFORMATION for Artist, and song names are not put on there. Some software his a site to download that information to put it there for you. Is there a way to do this? If not, is there another program that I can use that does just as well and this too? I don't feel like typing out all the stuff for it.

Please give me the advice I need. Like to get it started right way, got alot of cd's to rip for my new rio as soon as I get it!
Posted by: ninti

Re: Best software to rip my music CDs to mp3s? - 05/12/2003 21:29

Hit alt-g, that will query the cddb database and get the artist and album name and song info.

Re: Best software to rip my music CDs to mp3s? - 05/12/2003 22:20

Thank you! Your the man!
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Best software to rip my music CDs to mp3s? - 06/12/2003 01:44

Yeah, does anyone have any idea why the programmer for EAC hasn't made that FreeDb button work yet? That is one of the most frustrating things I've seen. He's just got this button that does absolutely nothing! This appears to have carried over a few versions, too.

Re: Best software to rip my music CDs to mp3s? - 06/12/2003 10:49

Well Alt-G seems to work. But not that button.

Posted by: smu

Re: Best software to rip my music CDs to mp3s? - 07/12/2003 08:56

The button that does the same thing as ALT-G is not the freeDB-Button, but the disc icon 1 or two positions left of it. Not sure what the freeDB-Button should do anyway.

cu,
sven
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Best software to rip my music CDs to mp3s? - 07/12/2003 13:16

Well that doesn't make much sense! I never even tried that button since one would assume that the FreeDb button would be the one you would use to contact the FreeDb!

Oh well, it's an awesome free program, so I won't complain