Mouse...s?

Posted by: wfaulk

Mouse...s? - 22/03/2004 21:37

Does anyone make a quality three-button mouse anymore? I don't want a damn scrollwheel, and if a new mouse has to have one, I want a third button separate from it. My old Logitech MouseMan

is getting long in the tooth and seems to need cleaning more and more often. I think it may be getting ready to give up the ghost.

You other Unix folks know what I'm talking about. What's out there to be had?

Re: Mouse...s? - 22/03/2004 21:52

Hmmm. I wonder if one of Sun's Crossbow USB mice would work on a PC? I'd prefer an optical mouse so I wouldn't have to clean it, but it is a good three-button mouse.
Posted by: loren

Re: Mouse...s? - 22/03/2004 22:56

A buddy of mine had a pc business go bust and had a huge BOX of that exact mouse. I kick myself often for not taking them. I'm in the same boat. Speaking of which... who was it that said that they had a few SGI mice laying around?!
Posted by: webroach

Re: Mouse...s? - 23/03/2004 00:40

That would be me. Still have most of them. Let me know if you would like a few.

Re: Mouse...s? - 23/03/2004 00:45

Also, if anyone wants some NEW SGI 3-button no scrollwheel mice, Greg at Reputable Systems has them, $25 each for the old style, $35 for the new ergonomic style.

I've had MANY dealings with Greg and will vouch for him.

Re: Mouse...s? - 23/03/2004 09:25

Those were pretty good. And they were PS/2 mice, weren't they?
Posted by: trs24

Re: Mouse...s? - 23/03/2004 10:34

Well, it's not optical, but at least you can buy it new and for only $8:

The Labtec 3-button mouse

- trs

Re: Mouse...s? - 23/03/2004 22:27

Those were pretty good. And they were PS/2 mice, weren't they?

Yep. And Yep.

I still use em, though I have a cordless optical Logitech for my Wintendo / faster Octane. Since the newer IRIX releases have support for the mouse wheel, it seemed like a good idea. Works like a charm.

Re: Mouse...s? - 23/03/2004 22:44

I don't really mind the wheel; it's just that I use the middle button a lot and I have a hard time using a wheel as a button. My wrist gets really sore.