Ow Ow Ow blimming Ow!!!

Posted by: frog51

Ow Ow Ow blimming Ow!!! - 19/04/2004 04:42

Completed the London Marathon yesterday in 4 and a half hours. Should have come in under 4 hours but the cold got to my calves and I cramped a bit. Managed to raise almost £1500! A big thankyou to those of you who gave very generously! Makes the huge blisters and very wobbly toenails worthwhile.

I don't have the photos in yet, but will post some when I do.

Thanks
Posted by: muzza

Re: Ow Ow Ow blimming Ow!!! - 19/04/2004 04:46

A hearty bravo, lad.
Congrats on a great effort!
Posted by: furtive

Re: Ow Ow Ow blimming Ow!!! - 19/04/2004 07:41

Congrats.

If I'd known you were running it I'd have bothered to walk to the end of my road to cheer you on at around the 20 mile mark.

Re: Ow Ow Ow blimming Ow!!! - 19/04/2004 08:01

Cheers.

I'm impressed at how many folks did turn out in the rain and cold - the support definitely helped spur me on when I was flagging, and the last 5 miles were amazing - thousands of people cheering and waving everyone on.

At the 13 mile mark I was very jealous of the fast folks passing the 22 mile mark on th eother side of the road, and by the time I got to the 22 mile mark I felt very sorry for those people just passing 13 miles as the rain was getting stronger and the temperature dropped.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Ow Ow Ow blimming Ow!!! - 19/04/2004 09:38

Makes the huge blisters and very wobbly toenails worthwhile.

Umm, thanks, but no photos needed. The images that won't get out of my head are more than enough.

Re: Ow Ow Ow blimming Ow!!! - 19/04/2004 10:33

Ahh - toenails are very overrated in humans. I'm pretty sure I've never needed mine. Everything heals anyway, and it's a good excuse for scrounging money for charities - people feel they should pay you money for all that pain

It was all good fun anyway - and no, I wasn't going to post photos of the painful aftereffects, more likely pictures of grinning like a lunatic (a side-effect of thinking at 22 miles that it was all a bit silly, this running in the pi$$ing rain and cold lark)
Posted by: andym

Re: Ow Ow Ow blimming Ow!!! - 19/04/2004 12:05

Makes the huge blisters and very wobbly toenails worthwhile.

Post 'em, post 'em, post 'em!
Posted by: davec

Re: Ow Ow Ow blimming Ow!!! - 19/04/2004 17:41

At the 13 mile mark I was very jealous of the fast folks passing the 22 mile mark on th eother side of the road, and by the time I got to the 22 mile mark I felt very sorry for those people just passing 13 miles as the rain was getting stronger and the temperature dropped.

Misery loves company, doesn't it?

Congrats on the achievement!