Please recommend excelent rechargable batteries

Posted by: FireFox31

Please recommend excelent rechargable batteries - 15/05/2004 23:10

In trying to read through the entire Karma General forum, I found a couple of super smart guys talking about batteries. Reminded me of a long standing question:

Can anyone recommend some high quality consumer-grade rechargable batteries?

I'm so damn SICK of having non-recharging batteries quickly fade out and not able to power whatever i have them in. And the constant suspicion that maybe only one of the four batteries in the device have failed, so maybe I'm throwing all four of them out for no reason. And the constant frustration with trying to use a volt meter to determine if the batteries are good or not, but never knowing which devices they are actually strong enough to power, so ending up using ALL my batteries to power simple flashlights.

So yes, any recommendation on a brand or make of rechargable which preferably makes every size (AAA to D) and uses a single recharger. Thanks mucho.
Posted by: ricin

Re: Please recommend excelent rechargable batterie - 16/05/2004 02:07

This might help a little.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Please recommend excelent rechargable batterie - 17/05/2004 09:14

I purchased some Rayovac rechargeable batteries (the green ones, not the blue ones) a while back with their charger for my digital camera mostly because they were inexpensive. They work quite well. That being said, I have no real comparator.
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Please recommend excelent rechargable batteries - 17/05/2004 09:26

There's also this thread. I never did end up getting anything. Still using Energizers and Duracells for my mouse.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Please recommend excelent rechargable batteries - 17/05/2004 19:17

Thanks for the tips. I'm honestly wanting to replace every battery in my house with just a few sets of rechargers, and call it done. Thanks.