Can someone host some big files for me?

Posted by: ithoughti

Can someone host some big files for me? - 17/05/2004 09:31

hi all,

I need to host (3) 50-100 Mb files so that someone that works at AOL can downlaod them (aol blocks my server) She is a graphic designer that happens to do graphics for AOL in NYC and she needs these .tif files asap. I should have them ready to upload to you by Wednesday night if all goes well. I guess I would need to upload them via ftp.

So if you can host them for me temporarily (maybe a day or 2) then please email me... matt (at) siamese3 (dot) com

thanks in advance
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 17/05/2004 09:35

Mail sent.
Posted by: ithoughti

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 17/05/2004 10:07

Thanks!

Posted by: andy

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 17/05/2004 11:27

In future you could try using something like http://www.yousendit.com/ , though I don't know what they do with the email addresses they are harvesting, though the do say:

"We collect the e-mail addresses of YouSendIt Delivery recipients solely for the purpose of logging and measuring usage. Personal user information we collect is not shared with other organizations for any reason."

Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 17/05/2004 12:39

Hey, Andy! You should install one of your empegs in a car one of these days.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 17/05/2004 12:42

Where has that "yousendit" service been all my life?!
Posted by: jmwking

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 17/05/2004 15:19

In future you could try using something like http://www.yousendit.com
It looks too good to be true! How do they make it pay? And who are they, anyway?

But a very cool service, though. Do I dare?

-jk
Posted by: bonzi

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 17/05/2004 16:49

It looks too good to be true! How do they make it pay? And who are they, anyway?

But a very cool service, though. Do I dare?
Enrcypt the files and use disposable (or already spam-infested) e-mail address
Posted by: davec

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 17/05/2004 17:13

Taking a look at their forums, it seems they might run into legal problems as they don't seem to search for warez and mp3s, but a couple users sure do donate their time to do so...
A very cool concept for legitimate uses, though. I uploaded one of my first fishing videos captured with the helmetcamera mentioned in this thread.
Posted by: Mach

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 18/05/2004 02:16

Cool! What lake were you fishing?

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 18/05/2004 06:33

Lake Travis west of Austin, TX. Travis isn't known for big fish, it's very clear (over 10 feet right now) and deep. That one would have been my largest bass on Travis, I'd say it was about 5 pounds.
Posted by: Mach

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 18/05/2004 16:49

I never made it over to Lake Travis when I was in Houston but I heard good things about it. The camera is a great idea. I would have liked to have had one a couple times when picking up the video camera wasn't practical. Like the time a cottonmouth tried to climb in the boat

Re: Can someone host some big files for me? - 18/05/2004 17:14

I 'll have to get some "scenery" shots over the Memorial Day weekend. Devil's Hollow is a popular tie-off spot for sun-bathing beauties...

edit
Here's a 26MB clip of a 72+ MPH ride across Lake Travis. It's not as rough as the camera makes it appear, though I did hit a couple wakes at slightly the wrong angle. Oh and it sounds like the Shuttle on lift-off because the mic was in the windiest part of the boat...

I'm liking this yousendit.com service so far. But the links are only good for 7 days from upload.