Why don't we have shows like this in the US?!?

Posted by: ricin

Why don't we have shows like this in the US?!? - 01/07/2004 02:36

This video (48mb RAR) is awesome, especially the last two minutes. I want shows like this in the US, damn it!

PS: That link is only good for 7 days (or until someone removes it).
Posted by: boxer

Re: Why don't we have shows like this in the US?!? - 01/07/2004 02:51

Give us a clue, I'm on a very slow dial up for the next few days, so I don't want to download the video: Is it British or what?
Posted by: ricin

Re: Why don't we have shows like this in the US?!? - 01/07/2004 03:07

It's a show from Japan (w/ a English speaking announcer, and subtitles) of a 350Z, M3, Boxter S, S2000, and a R34 GT-R doing a few laps on Tsukuba. With the last few minutes being a AE86 and a R34 going all out down a narrow road.
Posted by: andym

Re: Why don't we have shows like this in the US?!? - 01/07/2004 12:27

We have Top Gear in the UK, usually good for a laugh.
Posted by: frog51

Re: Why don't we have shows like this in the US?!? - 01/07/2004 13:48

Ahh - the everlasting Toyota pickup; the Stig racing fast jets and helicopters, and who could forget "Which is the fastest religion?" ... (actually, was that last one 5th Gear or Top Gear, I forget:))

Top fun!
Posted by: andy

Re: Why don't we have shows like this in the US?!? - 01/07/2004 14:23

"Which is the fastest religion?" was Top Gear. I love Top Gear in its new format, it is just like a bunch of mates sitting down and talking about cars.

I find 5th Gear a bit dull in comparison, just the old Top Gear format rehashed yet again.
Posted by: tman

Re: Why don't we have shows like this in the US?!? - 01/07/2004 14:30

Getting the stig's job would be great You'd have to crazy and also driving somebody elses car to even consider doing half the stuff he did tho
Posted by: andym

Re: Why don't we have shows like this in the US?!? - 01/07/2004 19:04

I loved the fact Jeremy Clarkson admitted that the majority of the cars they test leave on a low-loader because they've rung the balls off them...