Posted by: Dylan

Here's some info. Appears to be totally legit. Many people have received their ipods.

http://www.getfreeipods.tk/

Shameless plug: If you do sign up please, pretty please, use my referral. I only need one more. I'll PayPal $5 to the first person who completes a verified referral for me.

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7460099

Be warned that the email address you use will start getting spam within an hour.
Posted by: Skunk

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 30/07/2004 16:52

Quote:
Many people have received their ipods.

Do you know these people?

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 30/07/2004 17:02

No, but they've posted pictures of the order process, the received ipod and the packing slip. It would have to be a very elaborate fake. Follow the first link I posted. It explains how the company can afford to do this. In a nutshell, ebay pays $20 for each referral. So the company awarding the ipods collects at least $120 for each ipod they send out. Add in all the people who don't get all 5 referrals and it's not hard to see how it can be profitable.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 30/07/2004 17:10

Quote:
In a nutshell, ebay pays $20 for each referral.

This sounds like an empirically verifiable statement, for anyone who wanted to do the research.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 30/07/2004 17:11

http://affiliates.ebay.com/how-affiliate-program-works/compensation/

Google "freeipods" to do more research. I've seen references to this for a few weeks but I ignored them as I do anything like this. It wasn't until a friend pushed me to do it that I looked into it and I have no reason to believe it isn't legit. By all means decide for yourself.
Posted by: loren

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 30/07/2004 18:17

I personally know and have seen first hand an ipod that was delivered from this offer. It does work. You've just gotta convince 5 friends of the same...

With that said: http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7303269

=]
Posted by: mandiola

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 30/07/2004 20:09

Well after helping those guys out.. if there is anyone still wanting to sign up I would be very greateful if you use my link.

thanks!.
Greg

(admin edit, deleted link, got 5 - drakino)
Posted by: webroach

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 30/07/2004 20:34

Likewise, if anyone would be so kind to filter down to me after everyone else is covered....

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7543919

CURRENT STATUS: 2 Referrals! Thanks guys![\blue]
Posted by: gbeer

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 00:35

Can any one say Pyrimid Scheme? Aka Ponzi Scheme.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 01:04

Quote:
Can any one say Pyrimid Scheme? Aka Ponzi Scheme.

Yeah but as long as you signup for the ebay option, you dont have to submit a credit card (if you use a non-free email). So theres nothing to loose except for an email address(spam) and a few minutes of your time.

-Greg

P.S. I only need one more referal to complete the process... so if anyone is feeling generous please click my link above
Posted by: oliver

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 02:21

Here my link, http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7552530

I just noticed that the ebay option does ask for a credit card. And the URL is still freeipods, without any SSL

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 02:42

Ebay will ask you for a credit card if you use a free email. If you use something from your isp or your own domain they wont. I've let a bunch of people signup with emails from various domains I own.. no one has needed a cc.

-Greg
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 03:52

referal++ (hopefully).

And my own:
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7554721
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 04:05

*edit* Oops, I didn't see what the popup said when I went for the ebay part *edit*

And in case there's still folks interested who haven't used the above links:
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7554362

Anyway, I'm suprised when an offer like this is legit. I've only done one of them once before, and that was about 5 years ago! There was some promotion where if you signed 10 people up for this crappy online chat client, they'd send you a free DVD player. Lets just say there's a lot of lab PCs with lax security that had that software on them. Low and behold, I received my incredibly cheap DVD player a couple weeks later.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 04:32

I think you can use an email from pretty much anything that isn't one of the big free email providers. I used a spamgourmet.com address, and it didn't require a credit card.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 04:57

Couldn't I technically just 5 addresses from my own domain, as long as I provide different shipping addresses for each one?

Also, in order for a referal to count, does the person have to sign up, or do the ebay thing as well?
Posted by: oliver

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 05:41

Well, my email address was from my ISP, @twcny.rr.com. and it still asked for a credit card.
Posted by: Roger

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 07:31

Quote:
I personally know and have seen first hand an ipod that was delivered from this offer. It does work.

But: I don't want an iPod.
Posted by: JeffS

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 11:37

May I suggest that those doing this edit their posts to say when they've got their five so we know who still needs referrals?

With that said, here's my link:
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7557262

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 12:26

Quote:
But: I don't want an iPod.
You don't have to keep it. You can always sell it on ebay and get a Karma (which is exactly what I'll do if I get it- I couldn't live down the shame of having to use an iPod while my wife has a Karma, even if I do have an empeg).
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 13:27

Just in case anyone missed the fine print...

Quote:
Use that NON-FREE email when you are signing up for eBay - if you don't, you will be presented with a page to type in your credit card/debit info but you can just go click on "enter second email". Just follow the instructions to finish the sign up process at eBay. BUT THAT IS NOT IT TO GET CREDIT FOR THIS OFFER, you must also become the highest bidder on an auction. All you have to do is find one of those 7-day listing auctions for a brand new, working digital camera (worth hundreds) that is currently at $1 or so and will definitely go WAY up in price before the auction ends. Obviously, you won't win the auction if your highest bid is $50 or less.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 14:12

Isn't there only one highest bidder on any auction?

The winner.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 14:15

You don't have win the auction (I thougth the same thing), you just have to be the high-bidder at some point. They recommend bidding on something like a digital camera that starts at $1 because you are most likely to be outbid (or you'll get an iPod AND a digital camera for $1!)

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 14:16

Quote:
Couldn't I technically just 5 addresses from my own domain, as long as I provide different shipping addresses for each one?

Also, in order for a referal to count, does the person have to sign up, or do the ebay thing as well?

There are people who have been disqualified. One person said the reason was he used the same IP to sign up multiple ebay accounts. Dunnno if there is any more to it then that. There certainly are legit reasons two different people would have the same IP and same email domain.

Yes, for the referral to count the person has to complete one of the offers. Ebay is the easiest because it doesn't require a credit card. Most of the others are "first month free" type services where you have to call to cancel.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 14:22

Quote:
You don't have win the auction (I thougth the same thing), you just have to be the high-bidder at some point. They recommend bidding on something like a digital camera that starts at $1 because you are most likely to be outbid (or you'll get an iPod AND a digital camera for $1!)

Heh... I accidentally won my auction. I randomly picked an auction that was 1 cent and had no bidders. If I'd checked more carefully I would have seen that all of this person's auctions close for a penny and then they charge $3.95 for shipping. I wonder if I can fool my wife with a "simulated Diamond Bezel Set" pendant?

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 14:39

I wonder just how many ipods they figure to give away. It's going to burn out on its own for lack of referrals.

Some sloppy guesswork.
households 25% of 300M = 75M
connected households 50% = 37M
interest in having an ipod 20% = 7M
heard about the program 10% = 700k
people who will put up with the nonsense 10% = 70k
those who will curry 5 referrals 1% = 700 ipods
700*$250*60%(they won't pay retail)= $105000
Posted by: Micman2b

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 17:01

To join the bandwagon, here is mine.. Sounds too good to be true but...

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7561935

Sean in NC

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 17:25

I've already had an eBay account for 4 years... will I be able to sign up again? Will I have to use my parent's address or something?

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 17:26

Quote:
Heh... I accidentally won my auction. I randomly picked an auction that was 1 cent and had no bidders. If I'd checked more carefully I would have seen that all of this person's auctions close for a penny and then they charge $3.95 for shipping.

I wish I hadn't been signing up for this stuff so late. I was tired and forgot to look at the shipping for my 1 cent auction. Oh well, I suppose I'd expect to spend $10 on some knock-off sunglasses in any drug store.

I also agree with the person who said we should update how many referals we've gotten. I'm in the middle of this thread I think, and I have one person (thanks!).

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 18:24

You should be able to without a problem. I've been on eBay forever, and I signed up again without a hitch.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 18:29

Just updated my original post (2 referrals!).

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 19:27

Quote:
If I'd checked more carefully I would have seen that all of this person's auctions close for a penny and then they charge $3.95 for shipping.

Presumably this is an ebay account that you set up just for this free ipod. Which means, you don't care too much about your user rating, so you could just never contact the seller for shipping/payment info.

On the other hand, $3.96 still isn't a bad price for an ipod.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 19:29

Quote:
There are people who have been disqualified. One person said the reason was he used the same IP to sign up multiple ebay accounts.

For the first time ever, I see a reason to be excited about having a dynamic IP address.
Posted by: JaBZ

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 31/07/2004 21:27

(b) A user must have a valid email address and a valid shipping address in the United States or a U.S. Territory

Aaaaaahhh CRAP!

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 01/08/2004 03:56

Quote:
Which means, you don't care too much about your user rating, so you could just never contact the seller for shipping/payment info.

But that would be horribly dishonest, being that the seller still has to pay fees....

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 01/08/2004 14:09

I just had to jump in on this! Reminds me of 1999 when www.reel.com was around and you could get all those DVDs for free by signing up for this and that and using coupon codes!

Looks like the only people getting screwed in this are the eBay folks.. I mean, who doesn't already have an eBay account?

Here is mine:
http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7579815

Current Referals: 1

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 01/08/2004 21:39

Whoa... thanks guys! i just need two more referals. Hint: just bid on an ebay auction that hasn't met it's reserve... it'll count. Did for me.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 01/08/2004 21:57

Thanks everyone! I'm at 3 referrals! Two more to go!
Posted by: SonicSnoop

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 01/08/2004 22:06

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7589650

Here is mine

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 01/08/2004 22:39

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Which means, you don't care too much about your user rating, so you could just never contact the seller for shipping/payment info.

But that would be horribly dishonest, being that the seller still has to pay fees....

Ah, I wasn't aware the seller still had to shell out.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 02/08/2004 15:57

Just and update. I got 5 referals for the ipod deal. And my account status is:
Congratulations! You have currently completed all requirements to get your totally FREE iPod. We now need to confirm your account and referral offer completions. Please check back after 2 business days to see your status.

Now for the freeflatscreen
-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 02/08/2004 16:06

Congratulations! I think I speak for all of us when I say we're looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Myself, I'm at 4 referrals (thanks everyone!), so I'm close!

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 02/08/2004 17:02

Just curious, how long did it take you to get credited for the ebay bid? I bid on items for the ipod and the flat screen right away, but haven't been credited for it. I thought it might have something to do with my using Firefox, so last night I went through it for both accounts in IE as well. I don't expect those to go through immediately, but I'd like to know how long it might be.

Also, I think they have changed their requirements for ebay. Now the popup when you go there says you just have to make a bid.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 02/08/2004 17:22

I had all my referals for the ipod done on sat. But all the ones my friends bid on were ending in like 40mins. So all the auctions were completed by then as well.

-Greg
Posted by: drakino

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 02/08/2004 17:38

Might as well toss my link in here as well, looks like the other site I posted to only got me one referral.

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7584694

Will update as I get referrals.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 02/08/2004 20:14

I can't edit my post any longer.. but I now have 1 referal. Thanks!

Oddly, I got an email saying that I have completed the eBay requirement, but when I check my status, it says that I have not... I guess I have to wait for the auction to end.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 02/08/2004 22:21

Quote:
Oddly, I got an email saying that I have completed the eBay requirement

How long was this after you actually completed it?

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 03/08/2004 00:13

Aug-01-04 09:14:17 PDT : My initial bid.
Aug-02-04 13:57:00 EST : My "Congratulations, you just received credit for completing the eBay offer! " email was sent.
Aug-05-04 13:55:17 PDT : The auction ends.

As of now, I still show no credit when I log in to see status. "Your Status: You have not completed your requirements. Click here to participate in any one (1) of the offers to be eligible to receive your free iPod!"

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 03/08/2004 01:14

Maybe, try sending them an email with their online form. I can image their email is swamped though ;(

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 03/08/2004 06:15

Here's an idea... cause I definitely see where you're coming from. It's happening on hundreds of forums, people just signup to add their link and have nothing to do with anything else. Anyways, I have http://freeipods.us and http://freeflatscreens.us ... maybe we can just put a link in here (and the other thread), close the threads, and forum members can send me an email and I will put their links on the site. That way anyone who is interested in the deal can just go there, and that will prevent people from signing up on the bbs to just post their referral link. I'd really hate for this to get out of control, especially if it were to hit google.

I’m adding everyone’s link right now. Anyone else can pm me. (Note: I will check to see if you are a current member, so don’t signup to the bbs just to give me a link. There will be a submit section on the site pretty soon.)

Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 04/08/2004 16:54

Looks like the ebay offer is gone =\

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 04/08/2004 16:58

Crap, well that ends the deal for me (and a lot of other people, I'm sure). They never did give me credit for my bids, and now I'm stuck with cheap-ass $10 sunglasses that I accidentally forgot to check the shipping on

Oh well. At least I signed up with email addresses I can easily add to my spam filter

*edit*
The ebay offer is still available for the flat screens, though
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 04/08/2004 17:23

I got five accounts signed up, but they didn't get assigned to my account. Looks like a database error on their end. I've got in an email to tech support now. How much do you wanna bet that that'll get resolved?

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 05/08/2004 14:38

Ebay's back.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 05/08/2004 14:51

Thanks Loren! I was really feeling stupid about this!

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 05/08/2004 16:19

I'm still at the 'verifying' stage. Now it has changed from 'check back in two days' to 'check back in 7 days'. I still only have 1 completed from the freeflatscreens though so i'm not sure if that site works slower then the freeipods. The good news is that lots of people have been getting thier ipods.

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 06/08/2004 16:44

Another update. I've been moved to progress 3... which basically means once they are in stock mine should ship Now I just need to get referals for the freeflatscreen.. hehe still only have 1.

Btw... I have someone else running freeipods.us and freeflatscreens.us. They are going by donations, but I can stick any of us empegbbs members in there without having to donate if you want.

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 06/08/2004 17:06

You can stick me up there if i'm not already... i need 2 more! =]

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 06/08/2004 17:20

Ebay seems to be gone again for this. Trying to find the next less evil offer...

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 06/08/2004 17:57

I would appreciate being added to the site very much. I have 4 referrals, though two of them from here haven't completed yet.

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7543919

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 06/08/2004 18:52

Ok I stuck both if you guys in there. The way it's setup is that it will display the link for 24 hours then move to the next link. The thing we are working on now is getting more exposure to the site.. cause its getting some hits, but definatly would work better with a lot more. If you have any ideas let me know

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 06/08/2004 19:11

Thank you very much, Greg!

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 00:35

Greg, I'd appreciate if you could post my link for a while. Thanks!

http://www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=7790764

You know, I didn't get a single ipod referral even though I started this thread. You're all a bunch of swarthy bastards I say. Well I don't need any of you. I got 5 on my own. But now that you are feeling guilty I will give you an opportunity to redeem yourselves and give me a free flat screens referral.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 01:20

No problem. Added. Actually I didn't get one referral for the ipod from here either... hehe. Still hoping to get some for the freeflatscreen.

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 02:36

I didn't get one either... the one I mentioned was an old co-worker, so don't feel bad!

http://www.freeipods.com/default.aspx?referer=7579815

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 03:26

Ok, rather then say "I added you" .. just post your link and I'll add you as soon as I see it. So far there is about 4 or 5 people on there so your guys links should come up in the next few days. If you guys have any ideas of getting more traffic to the site, as I said before please let me know... and no i'm not gunna spam it everywhere lol.

SE_Sport_Driver I added your link.

Btw: Help me get my flatscreen so I can gets pics on the site.. hehe:
http://www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=7546721

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 03:30

24 hours? Why a time limit? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Besides, I was up there for several days and never got one referal from it for either item.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 04:06

To rotate the links and avoid hassels. Because otherwise the person on top will remain there and then I have to check with them to find out when they have gotten their 5/8 referrals... etc. So basically you get your link all of the site for a 24 hour period... then it will cycle through the list and start over. Obviously it would work a lot better with more traffic... which is what im working on now. Got any idea's on how this could work better?

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 10:11

Quote:
Got any ideas this could work better?
Give away a free iPod to generate more traffic?

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 10:23

I'm willing to take one for the team and accept the first iPod in an effort to drive more traffic to his site.

I will, of course, immediately sell it so I can get a Carbon.

<drool> Carbon. </drool>

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 12:13

Quote:
Give away a free iPod to generate more traffic?

Hehe.. well that could possibly work. The thing is that i'm doing this to help other people and hopefully get my freeflatscreens one done. I'm not out to make any money or anything from this. I registered both the domains hoping that they would get some traffic and I could get my referrals done... for freeipods I had to get all the referrals by talking friends through the process, so the site (which wasn't even up then) didn't help at all. As far as freeflatscreens, it has only given me 4 referrals... and none of them have completed an offer Both sites are starting to (slowly) build traffic, so hopefully they will start to work the way they were intended.

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 12:35

Quote:
Got any idea's on how this could work better?

Well, for the time being you could not have it do anything. 24 hours might be a lot of time. Besides, aren't you adding a lot of these links at once? That means that most people are never going to get to the top, just whoever was signed up first in the block.

But don't mind me, I think I've given up. They didn't give me credit for any of the four auctions I bid on for either giveaway. Bastards.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 12:44

There are only 5 people in the lineup right now so 24hrs doesn't mean your link wont show... I think what i'll do is just set it up to randomly rotate through the links. Like I said though... until traffic starts to build up nothing is really gunna happen. I really only got the completed and started telling people about it a couple days ago. In the last two days there have been 49 actual hits and 178 pageviews... 37 already today. While that isn't a lot at all, its better then having no exposure to your link.

Dont give up! We know for sure it's not a scam now, even though its a pita to get the referrals and sometimes they don't show up.

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 07/08/2004 13:00

Thanks, I was just getting discouraged because the damn place won't credit me for the offer and now the ebay offer isn't even available for the iPod. I decided I'd just go ahead and email them. I'll be amazed if they respond and say "sure we'll give you credit for a bid on a 1 cent item and another that was clearly under-bid" We'll see
Posted by: Micman2b

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 09/08/2004 14:02

It seems like the freeIpods.com site is down??? It has been for me all weekend.

Sean in NC

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 09/08/2004 14:10

Working fine for me (and did over the weekend too).

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 09/08/2004 15:10

Hrm.. this is a lot harder to get referrals without ebay.. lol. Havn't gotten any new ones for freeflatscreens.

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 09/08/2004 15:31

Agreed. Do we know if the eBay option is gone for good?
Posted by: russmeister

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 09/08/2004 16:34

Quote:
Ok, rather then say "I added you" .. just post your link and I'll add you as soon as I see it.

I know I'm getting in the game a bit late but I thought I'd still try. Here's my referral link:

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7544046

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 09/08/2004 16:34

Quote:
Ebay's back.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 09/08/2004 21:17

Quote:
Ebay's back.

It's not showing up to people who sign up now...

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 10/08/2004 00:07

I've lost track. Has any empegger actually received an ipod from Mr Ponzi yet?

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 10/08/2004 01:13

I'm still in "progress 3"... appearantly they use ecost.com to send out the ipods.. and they are backordered. I'll let you guys know if anything changes.

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 10/08/2004 07:08

Ok so I did some homework. The best deal IMHO is the RealRhapsody. You need a credit card to signup but the good news is that it's REALLY simple to cancel and you don't even have to call to do it. I put this together to show how easy it is: http://www.freeflatscreens.us/real.php .

If anyone is feeling generous, please use my referral http://www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=7546721 Thanks!

-Greg

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 04/09/2004 23:36

Bump. Did anybody get their ipod yet?

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 04/09/2004 23:53

Sadly, no. Three people from the BBS were generous and kind enough to sign up for me, but only one ever completed an offer.

Oh well. Life goes on, ne?

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 05/09/2004 04:59

I completed the ebay offer for both deals twice (once in Firefox, then once in IE, since I thought it didn't recognize it in Firefox). I received no credit for any of them. I emailed them using their own form for trouble with offer crediting. Shortly thereafter, they sent out a letter to everyone saying that people who haven't received credit for completing an offer should wait a week or so while they caught up. That was several weeks ago. I've let it go. I'm just glad I gave them addresses that I can just associate with my trash bin

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 15/09/2004 11:53

For anyone who is still interested in this... After about a month of waiting, my ipod finally shipped. The ups tracking number says it is out for delivery. You can check your status by logging in.. if it says "Shipped" click on the order number and it will show your tracking number.

-Greg
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 15/09/2004 12:43

You should have your last one. Merry Christmas early!

if anyone is feeling generous:

http://www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=9176990

If you are worried about getting spam, PM me and I'll give you an email address you can use to sign up and I'll take care of verifying it and then promptly deleting it

Heck, I'll even give a free riocar.net POP3 email address to anyone who uses my referral.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 15/09/2004 13:03

Wow that was fast. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

-Greg
Posted by: phi144

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 15/09/2004 13:52

You got me going. Here is one from me if anyone is interested.

http://www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=9178615

Thanks,

Doug
Posted by: trs24

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 15/09/2004 14:45

I know I'm a johnny-come-lately, but now that I know an iPod actually shipped I just have to!

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9179708

Looks like the stamps.com offer is the best one now. You have to give a cc, but they are a trustworthy company and you can cancel the trial and still get credit. Plus you get a bunch of free stuff from stamps.com.
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 15/09/2004 14:50

Doug:

Thanks! You interested in the email address?
Posted by: phi144

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 15/09/2004 15:10

No,

Thanks. I have a junk email address already setup. I was giving MY link to the offer in hopes of getting a new monitor. Mine just died.

Worth a shot I guess.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 15/09/2004 22:11

Well unfortunatly 2 of the people that signed up for my free flat screen weren't unique... so now I need two more. If anything would like to help out it would be greatly appreciated

http://www.FreeFlatScreens.com/default.aspx?referer=7546721

Thanks,
Greg
Posted by: burdell1

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 20/09/2004 12:24

here is my link....

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9188747

I would greatly appreciate any help....I'm a little confused about the ebay thing though...how does that work again?

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 22/09/2004 13:18

It took 6 weeks but I got my iPod today! It probably would have been faster but I originally ordered a mini and then changed it to an hp model.

Good luck to the rest of you even though none of you rotten good for nothings helped me out.
Posted by: image

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 15/12/2004 18:41

sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead. if you guys haven't heard, gratis is doing free photo ipods now with 10 referrals. might as well start with my link =).

(link removed)

looks like the best offer to do is the one month free eFax one, and cancel when you get credit (1-2 days, supposedly). damn these people and their appealing marketing ways.
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 15/12/2004 21:41

Hmmm, I thought we had agreed to ban these now. I'm sure Drakino made a post saying as much.

Re: Sign up 5 friends, get a free ipod - 15/12/2004 23:36

Yes, I would prefer not to have these posts here any longer. All they do is get people spammed and to pay for products they really don't need, while a small portion of the people participating actually get the free product. I was willing to try it once with the initial iPod offer, but after seeing how it just caused my mail server to see a noticible increase in spam, it's not a great think to keep touting around here.