ADSL modem

Posted by: wfaulk

ADSL modem - 11/08/2004 18:31

Does anyone happen to have a VisionNet 200ES ADSL "modem" lying around they want to get rid of? Mine got fried, and it's the only one I've had that seems to actually work well. I'm having a little trouble finding a replacement.
Posted by: robricc

Re: ADSL modem - 11/08/2004 18:52

I have a Westell Wirespeed modem at home. It looks exactly like this. If interested I can get the model number for you. I don't use DSL anymore, but this modem has never given me a problem. We also have the same one at work and that one never needs a reboot either. I can send it to you for you to sample if you want....
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: ADSL modem - 11/08/2004 20:31

I can vouch for the Westell. Extremely stable for us.
Posted by: jimhogan

Re: ADSL modem - 11/08/2004 21:02

Quote:
Does anyone happen to have a VisionNet 200ES ADSL "modem"

Do you know your current encoding? CAP or DMT? I think Bell South is DMT, but if turns out it is CAP and you want a Cisco 675 for free, give a yell.

Re: ADSL modem - 11/08/2004 22:20

Can anyone say anything about the stability of the Zyxel 645? That's what I'm using now, and it's not awful, but it's not good, either. I don't know if the Visionnet one was just very good or if the Zyxel is just bad. If someone can tell me that the Zyxel's bad, then I'll consider a different model modem than the Visionnet. Otherwise, I'm gonna stick with something that I know works.

Re: ADSL modem - 11/08/2004 22:22

I don't know. I know the encapsulation and the mux method, but I don't know anything about encoding. Thanks for the offer, tho.

Edit: Found it. DMT. Thanks, though.

Re: ADSL modem - 13/08/2004 15:01

Eh, nevermind. I got a modem like the one that worked for $15 on eBay.