Windoze mp3 player with now&next?

Posted by: TigerJimmy

Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 24/01/2005 23:59

Hi everyone,

Anybody know of a Windows mp3 player that has something like the Now and Next functionality when shuffling? Can this kind of thing be done in a Winamp plugin? I know nothing about Winamp plug ins.

Looking for something better than Winamp, idally with this functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Jim
Posted by: Mataglap

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 25/01/2005 00:31

foobar2000 It's not super-easy, but it rocks in all the ways an audio player should.

--Nathan
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 25/01/2005 03:46

Quote:
something like the Now and Next functionality when shuffling

The Now and Next screen on the empeg is simply a list of the upcoming tracks. Is that all you want? That's built-in to Winamp. Just hit its playlist button and another window will appear showing the current playlist.

If instead, you mean that you want the empeg's tweak order features, that's a different question. I dunno.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 25/01/2005 03:52

In winamp on shuffle it shows the tracks in the normal un-shuffled order in the playlist display and just jumps around.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 25/01/2005 03:57

Quote:
In winamp on shuffle it shows the tracks in the normal un-shuffled order in the playlist display and just jumps around.

Oh. Yuck. How very non-optimal. Okay, carry on, then.
Posted by: cushman

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 25/01/2005 04:13

Quote:

In the original Winamp, you could select the playlist menu and choose Shuffle Playlist, this would shuffle the playlist, then you could begin listening from the beginning of the shuffled playlist. It looks like in the new Winamp there is a Sort-Randomize list in the playlist view.
Posted by: drakino

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 25/01/2005 04:43

iTunes with the Party Shuffle option. Screenshot at the top shows it off. You can even drag and drop songs to rearrange the order.
Posted by: bonzi

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 25/01/2005 05:04

I use Winamp's library's 'randomize playlist' feature for that (build a temporary playorder from either a search expression, manually or a combination thereof, import it in an ampty playlist (in library), randomise it, play it with 'classic' playlist window serving as 'now&next' display)

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 25/01/2005 21:30

Thanks, I'll check this out.

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 25/01/2005 21:31

Holy crap. This is a 20.8MB download. Have they been hiring Microsoft programmers?

iTunes for Windows. Besides this particular functionality, what's everyone's opinion?

Jim

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 25/01/2005 21:32

I was wondering if something like this existed. I'll check this out too. Thanks.

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 26/01/2005 02:03

20.8 MB is for iTunes (including CD burner support, the API to make the app look like the OS X version, Airport Express streaming, and music ripping functionality), iPod syncing support, and Quicktime.

19.3 mb is what the Rio software download is these days to do similar, except the 19.8mb download doesn't include drivers for the Karma, nor the Rio Taxi program.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 26/01/2005 02:12

Quote:
Holy crap. This is a 20.8MB download.

Try downloading Quicktime without also having to download iTunes now... you can't (or at least I couldn't figure out how). Then it didn't even integrate with Firefox correctly.

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 26/01/2005 02:14

http://apple.com/quicktime/

Then Quicktime player on the right.

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 26/01/2005 02:48

When you go to "download", you have this option: "Win 2000/XP (includes iTunes)"

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 26/01/2005 03:41

Pick the Standalone installer option that leads here.

Re: Windoze mp3 player with now&next? - 26/01/2005 15:40

I tried that, but the download didn't automagically start. It mentions clicking "this" url if the download doesn't start automatically, but there is no url there. I havn't tried in Internet Explorer, but maybe their site doesn't work too well with Firefox or there is an issue w. my Firefox install.

Thanks though. I wasn't aware of the "self installer".