It's here

Posted by: Roger

It's here - 08/03/2005 18:46

My Hush box arrived today.

Posted by: andy

Re: It's here - 08/03/2005 18:56

I want one ! (but I bought this big noisy Dell instead)
Posted by: andym

Re: It's here - 08/03/2005 19:10

Mmmm, very nice! What are you going to do with it?
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: It's here - 08/03/2005 19:19

Not listen to it! I have a hush and (apart from drive spin noise) it is extremely quiet!

Re: It's here - 08/03/2005 19:23

Quote:
What are you going to do with it?

Mythbox.

Re: It's here - 08/03/2005 19:44

Ooh, I've now got a discless shuttle with a silentX PSU as my frontend in the living room. The backend with all the TV cards and noisy HDs is in my study.

Re: It's here - 19/03/2005 11:31

Quote:
Mythbox.

I'm getting there. By far the biggest hurdle so far was getting the TV output working.

I just this morning managed to get X11 displaying on the PVR350's TV output, so I just need to finish that portion of the write-up and then I can get on with installing and configuring MythTV. Since I already did this before the Hush turned up, I don't figure it'll be that hard this time round.

Re: It's here - 19/03/2005 16:17

Nice one, I doubt the myth compile will cause many problems. Are you going for .17 or are you going to go for CVS? I'm running a CVS version from just after the release of .17. Things are pretty sweet so I don't anticipate the need to upgrade unless something really cool appears in the commits list.

I've now also got the frontend going on my iBook too. So if SWMBO and I disagree on TV I simply don my noise cancelling headphones and watch TV on the iBook, now they've got libMPEG2 as a decoding option video is really quick, before now the video performance has been pretty dire because of the lack of altivec optimisations in the ffmpeg library myth uses.

Re: It's here - 20/03/2005 12:23

Quote:
Are you going for .17 or are you going to go for CVS?

I'm going to investigate a CVS build, to see what it's like, but I might end up going for the .17 debs.