Why does this keep happening?

Posted by: Dignan

Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 12:08

Damn!
Posted by: loren

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 13:49

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!

WTF. That's just dissappointing is what that is.

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 13:51

I'm currently recalling the very beginning of the return of Family Guy...
Posted by: drakino

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 15:24

At least you got 2 seasons out of HBO. I was a big fan of Showtime back when they had Odyssey 5, and to a lesser extent Jeremiah. When one got canned after a single season I was a bit upset. When the second got cancelled a year later, I lost faith in even premium channels keeping any shows I had interest in and stopped looking at any they had.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 15:34

WTF!?! I had no idea it was not scheduled for renewal. I'd have figured that they had a commitment.

Dammit. Now we'll never find out what happens.

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 15:41

Showtime seems to be good at that. I also enjoyed Dead Like Me, though others did not. I just loved having those actors together. I couldn't get enough of the reaper cast hanging out at Der Waffle Haus. Now I can get no more

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 15:53

Quote:
Dammit. Now we'll never find out what happens.

Now I wish my previous predictions had come true. It would have been a great run for a great show, now it's just a build-up with no resolution. They could have easily tied it all together in those last few episodes.
Posted by: ineedcolor

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 16:36

Hey...I'm still pretty cheesed that Enterprise was canned too (as well as Futurama - paying homage to the hypno toad this week)
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 16:46

I'm still waiting to find out what happens in the next episode of Twin Peaks.
Posted by: Micman2b

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 17:50

Opening line fron the "new" Family Guy cartoon last sunday...

"Everyone, I've got bad news. We've been cancelled. Unfortunately, there's no more room on the schedule. We've just got to accept that Fox has to make room for terrific shows like DARK ANGEL, TITUS, UNDECLARED, ACTION, THAT '80S SHOW, WONDERFALLS, FASTLANE, ANDY RICHTER CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE, SKIN, GIRL'S CLUB, CRACKING UP, THE PITTS, FIREFLY, GET REAL, FREAKYLINKS, WANDA AT LARGE, COSTELLO, THE LONE GUNMEN, A MINUTE WITH STAN HOOPER, NORMAL, OHIO, PASADENA, HARSH REALM, KEEN EDDIE, THE STREET, AMERICAN EMBASSY, CEDRIC THE ENTERTAINER, THE TICK, LUIS, and GREG THE BUNNY. But I suppose if all those shows go down the tubes, we might have a shot." – Peter Griffin

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 18:38

Wow. That's a lot of shows. You always know that Fox is cancelling a lot of stuff, but until you see that list of 29(!) shows over the last couple of years, it doesn't quite sink in. And there are a number that have been cancelled since that must have been recorded. Tru Calling and Point Pleasant come immediately to mind.
Posted by: andy

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 19:16

Quote:
I also enjoyed Dead Like Me, though others did not. I just loved having those actors together. I couldn't get enough of the reaper cast hanging out at Der Waffle Haus. Now I can get no more

Damn, sometimes living in the UK sucks. Just when I get hooked on a series I find that has already been cancelled months before

Dead Like Me (series 2, haven't seen series 1) is great and now I find out it is already dead. The only thing wrong with the show is Reggie and her Mum, I really wouldn't have missed them if they weren't there.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 22:37

AH, that is hysterical. Haha, "FreakyLinks". I just hope Fox doesn't get sissy again about Family Guy like they surprisingly seemed to last time.
Posted by: Ezekiel

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 11/05/2005 23:32

[Moe]Aaaah CRAP![/Moe]

Oh well, I was looking forward to spurned evil Sophie.

-Zeke

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 19/05/2005 13:43

Hey! Guess what! All you empeg people who were embarrassed to admit you watched Joan of Arcadia? Worry no more!!

It's cancelled.

Oh, and best of all? Its replacement? A show where Jennifer Love Hewitt talks to ghosts. I sh*t you not.

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 19/05/2005 14:41

You know, I set up my TiVo a while back to record Joan of Arcadia and it never did. There were no conflicts or anything; it just refused to record it. Weird.

Quote:
Jennifer Love Hewitt talks to ghosts

I thought they cancelled Tru Calling. I guess they just changed the lead actress and network.

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 19/05/2005 14:53

You know, back in the 80s some time, there was this short-lived comic book I read. It wasn't spectactular, but I enjoyed it. It was cancelled, but they gave them until issue 12 to wrap it up. Then it must have started selling even worse, and they reneged and cancelled it at issue 10. Well, issue 10 ended up being a largely textual plot summary of where they were going in order to wrap up the plot. At the time, I thought it was a crock. But these days, I'd really love to see a summary of where they were going with shows. I'd love to know what was intended to happen on Carnivale, for example, if I'm not going to be given the opportunity of watching it.
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 20/05/2005 00:58

It's cancelled.

Well, of course it's cancelled.

It was one of about three shows on CBS that wasn't aimed at the lowest common denominator, and actually featured and developed some interesting characters.

On the subject of TV... what's up with West Wing? I haven't seen any episodes of that in what seems like months. Surely that show hasn't been cancelled as well?

tanstaafl.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 20/05/2005 01:11

Naw, just finished the season.
Posted by: DWallach

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 20/05/2005 01:30

I'd certainly love to know where they were going with Carnivale as well. Who knows, maybe they'll turn to comic books to continue the story. I've paid good money for much dorkier comics than that...

Re: Why does this keep happening? - 20/05/2005 01:51

Those would be gorgeous comic books. Have you seen the DVD packaging? Whoever was doing the art direction on that show was a genius.