Best place online to find used cars?

Posted by: burdell1

Best place online to find used cars? - 12/09/2005 12:29

What are the best websites to find a used car? I have tried several, but for some reason....I can't find the car I am looking for (a used Pontiac Sunfire GT ) I am trying to find one in red or blue.....I have tried carsoup, autotrader, and cars.com
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Best place online to find used cars? - 12/09/2005 12:31

edmunds.com? I think they have a used car finder.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Best place online to find used cars? - 12/09/2005 12:52

eBay has a cars section.
Posted by: Attack

Re: Best place online to find used cars? - 12/09/2005 13:13

Here are some sites I know about.
http://www.autotrader.com/
http://www.cars.com/

If you know what type of car you want. The dealers website might have a certified pre-owned section. They might not have the best price but you can get the extended warranty.
Posted by: Robotic

Re: Best place online to find used cars? - 12/09/2005 14:03

1. www.craigslist.org
2. don't get the sunfire.

$0.02 from me.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Best place online to find used cars? - 13/09/2005 02:41

Autotrader, checking back once a week, using the advanced search function (even letting you specify the color). I found my car there and so have many of my friends. Maybe you need to look further from home and take a day trip to pick it up.
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: Best place online to find used cars? - 13/09/2005 05:21

What are the best websites to find a used car?

I have it on good authority that there will very shortly be a lot of used cars for sale in the Southern Louisiana and Mississippi areas. They're just waiting for the carpets and headliners to dry out...

tanstaafl.

Re: Best place online to find used cars? - 13/09/2005 12:42

We have a large creek here in Raleigh that both floods a lot and near which a lot of car dealerships reside. A few years ago when it flooded really badly (also as the result of a hurricane, maybe?) one of the dealerships, a few weeks later, had a big sign up that read:

Quote:
Yes! We have fresh cars!

I thought that was the funniest thing.
Posted by: jmwking

Re: Best place online to find used cars? - 13/09/2005 13:15

I remember a VW dealer in Raleigh that would lose a few bugs down Crabtree Creek every other summer or so (the old, floating ones). Local TV always got some great pictures!

I think they have flood control on the creek now.

-jk

Re: Best place online to find used cars? - 13/09/2005 16:25

Yeah. That's the area. They're also Subaru and Nissan. There's also a Cadillac/Pontiac/GMC/Isuzu dealer and a Buick/Dodge/Mazda dealer and a dealer-run used car lot.

Re: Best place online to find used cars? - 21/09/2005 00:06

any other ideas? i am not having much luck finding anything....

Re: Best place online to find used cars? - 15/10/2005 13:50

other than the obvious....what are some good things to look for when test driving a used car (I haven't bought that many cars...) Is Carfax worth the $20? or is there a cheaper (or free) service that will do the same thing?