Table soccer

Posted by: schofiel

Table soccer - 28/10/2005 17:03

Maybe some of you can remember the short movie Roger posted of me playing table football with John Ripley at a party: well, here is something that I can merely aspire to -

Skill
Posted by: sein

Re: Table soccer - 28/10/2005 18:12

Wooooooaaaaahhh!

Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Table soccer - 28/10/2005 18:58

Amazing.

BTW, that's "foosball" to us Americans.
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: Table soccer - 28/10/2005 23:44

Damn Mac-unfriendly Windows Media crap...

Bitt, have you managed to get the video to play on a Mac?

Bruno
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Table soccer - 29/10/2005 04:05

Mplayer solved all my "can't play on mac" problems. Give that a shot.
Posted by: drakino

Re: Table soccer - 29/10/2005 05:26

Whats annoying specifically about that site is that my Mac does show a Windows Media interface embedded in it, but the file just never starts playing. The Mac team at Microsoft really needs to get on the ball and implement every playback/codec feature the PC version has. They do such a better job on Office and Remote Desktop.

Generally I just move on, as it's not worth viewing the HTML source to find the link to the media file to then download and view in Windows Media Player or MPlayer.
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: Table soccer - 29/10/2005 14:51

Well here's a link to the file: http://www.ongein.nl/getItem2.aspx?file=SporTHumoRtafelvoetbal.wmv

I had to change my Firefox prefs to disable the WM plugin to allow me to save this to the desktop.

That was pretty damn impressive. I'm wondering why I've seen so much other strange crap but never anyone doing anything cool with table football before.

Bruno