Blinking Lights

Posted by: lectric

Blinking Lights - 18/11/2005 16:25

What was that site that had the massive controls project that allowed you to play pacman and such on the sides of a building? I can't seem to search for it.

Re: Blinking Lights - 18/11/2005 16:29

nevermind.... blinkenlights.de.
Posted by: JeffS

Re: Blinking Lights - 18/11/2005 16:42

Glad we could help!

Re: Blinking Lights - 18/11/2005 17:22

I was just gonna say.... MAN that was a fast response.
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Blinking Lights - 18/11/2005 18:47

However, the empeg board was the reason you found it. I posted about this a while back as I've had several posts like this. There were even a few times where I'd been searching for something for weeks, and immediately after posting here I found it. I swear it's the BBS that does it.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Blinking Lights - 19/11/2005 00:42

I've never mentioned the idea publicly, but I've ALWAYS wanted to port an empeg display to an array of highway information displays. I started looking into it in 2003 and was too crushingly busy to look further.

Every time I drive under a highway display mounted over 5 lanes of traffic, I just imagine Toby's visuals blaring away. And every time I drive past a highway construction project (constantly), I dream of side-by-side info displays doing the same thing.

Got to live large or don't live at all.

Re: Blinking Lights - 19/11/2005 04:36

Hehe, true. I usually think of the answer JUST BEFORE I hit the submit button. I think there's something about switching your brain completely to a different mode for a second that makes it easier to get at information you "forgot".

Re: Blinking Lights - 19/11/2005 04:37

Hehehe, I'd love to see a much larger display. Like made of 12V lights or something. I oh so don't have the expertise though.