For those in England, go see my roommate's band!

Posted by: ithoughti

For those in England, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 14:14

I suppose I should have posted this a few days ago, but oh well.

My roommate's band Baby Strange is in England playing some shows until Nov. 26. They are a great band with a Stones/Motown sort of feel. My roommate, Eric is the lead singer/songwriter.

Check out the website for the dates of the shows. They are going to be back in Europe this summer for a few months as well .
Posted by: furtive

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 14:49

You might want to let them know that their link for the Leicester gig is incorerct - it points to a venue in Warrington. The correct URL is:

http://www.the-attik.co.uk/

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 16:18

cool, thanks. I'll fix it, since I'm the one who does the website!

Posted by: tman

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 16:47

You've got US tour dates at the end of the UK tour dates bit.

Oh and yes, we're a small island which will fit into a state but please don't call it the GB area
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 16:59

Quote:
Oh and yes, we're a small island which will fit into a state but please don't call it the GB area

Heh...too true. Being from the US, I thought he meant the Green Bay area at first. I thought, "There's no way in the world I'm going up there at this time of year unless someone's giving away free Packers tickets on the 50 yd. line."

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 17:26

fixed the wording in my post, so as not to offend. sorry.
Posted by: g_attrill

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 19:15

Quote:

Nobody would take offence. It is incredibly annoying to come from this country, you scroll down a lonnng dropdown list to find "U", look for United Kingdom, find it's not there, so scroll to "G" for Great Britiain, not there, ok let's go to "E" - yes! England, that'll do.

Gareth

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 19:48

Quote:

Nope. No offense taken at all
Posted by: sn00p

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 19:58

Quote:
It is incredibly annoying to come from this country, you scroll down a lonnng dropdown list to find "U", look for United Kingdom, find it's not there, so scroll to "G" for Great Britiain, not there, ok let's go to "E" - yes! England, that'll do.

What's even more annoying is when the USA is put at the top of the list, so when you press "U" to take you to United Kingdom you only get as far as the first item, grrr.

Dare I ask, are Americans that lazy? (runs and hides!)
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 20:18

As something of an apologist, I was pretty happy when I noticed a lot of web sites stop that practice.

And, to answer your question, have you met any Americans? We get in a car to drive next door.
Posted by: Dignan

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 20:25

Quote:
And, to answer your question, have you met any Americans? We get in a car to drive next door.

There was a woman on my street who actually did that once. I couldn't believe it.
Posted by: frog51

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 20:31

whereas here we often walk home - well, I accidentally did it once, having missed my train, and no taxis were about. Took me 5 hours, one at a run and then once I was sober I walked the rest.

Talk about boring!

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 20:56

Quote:
Took me 5 hours, one at a run and then once I was sober I walked the rest.

Talk about boring!

You weren't drunk enough then! If you're sufficiently drunk then walking home will be an instantaneous journey, you will not need a coat even though it is -273C outside and superman will ask you to give him a hand on some tricky rescues
Posted by: frog51

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 21:05

true mate

still, was drunk enough to fall asleep on a bench 400 yards from the house....

erm...wasn't in trouble at all with SWMBO

honest...
Posted by: schofiel

Re: For those in the GB area, go see my roommate's band! - 21/11/2005 21:10

I walked all the way from Ostend to Veurne (on the way to Dunkirk) 'cos I got lost.

Look it up on the map.

Needless to say, Belgian beer is pretty strong.

PS Don't ask, I can't remember why either.