Bluetooth Headset.

Posted by: lectric

Bluetooth Headset. - 20/01/2006 13:35

A friend of mine got the Motorolla HS850. He is complaining that the volume is very low. I tried it out on mine, and he's right. I can barely hear the caller even in a quiet room. I have the HS820, and it's much louder to me.

So, the question is, what's the BEST bluetooth headset out there?
Posted by: tman

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 20/01/2006 13:40

I got a Sony Ericsson Akono headset with my laptop and that works quite well. Sound quality is good and you can turn the volume up quite high.

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 20/01/2006 13:46

Good. He works in construction, so sound volume is important.
Posted by: Dylan

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 20/01/2006 14:22

I spent a silly amount of time researching a BT headset and decided on the Jabra BT250. I'm happy with my choice. Plenty of volume, it's comfortable and people say they can't tell I'm using a headset. Plus, it's inconspicuous. Some of those BT headsets look like you have an alien growth coming out of your ear.
Posted by: Roger

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 20/01/2006 15:25

Quote:
I spent a silly amount of time researching a BT headset and decided on the Jabra BT250.

I didn't spend a silly amount of time researching, but I also ended up with a Jabra (don't remember the model number). It's comfortable and plenty loud enough.

If only I could get the cigarette-lighter charger to work....
Posted by: g_attrill

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 20/01/2006 15:52

Quote:
Some of those BT headsets look like you have an alien growth coming out of your ear.

I wanna get two like Nathan Barley:
Posted by: andym

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 20/01/2006 16:45

Quote:
I wanna get two like Nathan Barley:

I actually saw a tw*t at Microdirect in Manchester with two, some people were finding it difficult to stifle their laughter, especially when he couldn't hear the guy at the counter but still refused to remove one of them.

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 21/01/2006 04:42

Thanks for the replies, all. He's off to get a Jabra.
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 21/01/2006 06:32

It's a bit late, but I thought I'd ad my two cents. I used the orginal jabra bluetooth headset and just never found it comfortable. I love in ear headphones as much as the next guy (well, more. don't ask how much) but with a bluetooth headset I want to be able to wear it while I'm doing other things and not constantly be reminded that I can't hear out of one ear.

I personally love my SE HBH-660, with its wee little LCD for seeing who's calling. Means I only have to fish one thing out of my pocket when the phone rings. I hardly use the thing, 'cause I can't be bothered to charge it, but I take it along whenever I'm going to be driving without my trusted Parrot CK3000 bluetooth car kit. I regularly wear it for an hour or more while driving without talking on it because it doesn't bother me to have it on.

Matthew

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 24/01/2006 00:56

Hmmm... I'll pass that along just in case he hasn't made a purchase yet. Thanks
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 24/01/2006 16:49

My Motorola HS850, only a month old, just broke. The part that clasps behind your ear snapped off. I barely use the thing either. Not happy.

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 24/01/2006 22:09

Yeah, until they start making them out of titanium, light = easily broken. To me, the less moving parts, the better.
Posted by: tman

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 24/01/2006 22:16

Quote:
Yeah, until they start making them out of titanium, light = easily broken. To me, the less moving parts, the better.

Titanium isn't indestructible. It just has a very high strength for its weight. I've managed to break a pair of "indestructible" bendy Titanium spectacles before by accident.

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 24/01/2006 22:39

Not indestructable, but much more so than plastic.

Now, Adamantium, on the other hand...
Posted by: Ezekiel

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 25/01/2006 03:14

A close alloy to unobtainium, I believe.

-Zeke

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 25/01/2006 12:13

Hahaha. Exactly.
Posted by: burdell1

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 07/03/2006 17:34

so has anyone tried the Motorola h700? I bought one and mine gets static easily...i'm not sure if it is the model or this particular unit.
Posted by: RobotCaleb

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 07/03/2006 17:46

I've had mine for a few months. I can't complain. Most of the time I forget that I am wearing it.

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 07/03/2006 21:40

you have the h700? do you get any static at all?
Posted by: RobotCaleb

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 08/03/2006 00:44

I never have static unless I am more than 30 feet away. People report that they can't hear me when I am > 15 feet away but I can still hear them fine.

RAZR V3
H700

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 10/04/2006 22:42

has anyone tried the Plantronics headset?
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 15/04/2006 22:46

Treonauts, a forum covering the Palm Treo, reviews bluetooth headsets extensively. Check out the entire bluetooth headset section.

In there, you'll see that the reviewer ranked the Plantronics Discovery 640 very well for weight, but criticized its short talk/standby time.

I personally don't think it would stay in my ear, so I stuck with the Palm Wireless Headset. Though it breaks up when loosing line of sight, it's light, simple, and inexpensive. I DO have issues with the headset button not answering calls frighteningly often, which caused me to throw the damn thing at the wall (a few times), which stuck a button, causing me to have to open it up and repair it. Maybe the Plantronics IS worth the extra money...
Posted by: jbauer

Re: Bluetooth Headset. - 16/04/2006 03:20

I've been reading about this one: http://www.flamingo-headset.com/

Anyone know it?

- Jon