"Does Linux Use Penguins?"

Posted by: JeffS

"Does Linux Use Penguins?" - 01/02/2006 13:34

Our advertising department for the bank brought the IT group up to the board room, remarked how there were several new faces they'd not seen before (including one developer who'd been with the bank for 9 years), and then showed us our new add which features penguins. In fact, our new company symbol, it seems, is a penguin- the idea being that we are a partnership bank and penguins are very choosey about their partners (for 12 months anyway, but it doesn't pay to get lost in the details). They then handed us all little toy penguins and penguin cookies. As a side comment I asked our CIO if we were going to be changing over to using Linux and he came back with, "why, does Linux use penguins?" Nothing like that kind of comment to inspire confidence in our head of technology!
Posted by: Phoenix42

Re: "Does Linux Use Penguins?" - 01/02/2006 16:20

Of course it does! Just like Google uses pigeons
Posted by: Dignan

Re: "Does Linux Use Penguins?" - 01/02/2006 16:42

Who would have thought "March of the Penguins" would have had so much influence? They're everywhere now.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: "Does Linux Use Penguins?" - 01/02/2006 18:42

With a name like "Mangled Baby Penguins" it has to be good!
Posted by: SuperQ

Re: "Does Linux Use Penguins?" - 04/02/2006 05:17

Damnit, all this Linux talk is there to distract people from remembering about the piegons
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: "Does Linux Use Penguins?" - 05/02/2006 21:57

Wow, if the biggest impact of their logo is the obscure (at least, to me) penguin sociology fact that they are choosey, then I'll say the best thing to come from that meeting was free cookies.