If Heather still runs an auto dealership...

Posted by: DLF

If Heather still runs an auto dealership... - 28/11/2006 20:41

I'd be interested to know her thoughts on the points this blogger makes about how to treat customers and even a *potential* customer:

http://www.mikestopforth.com/2006/11/17/aston-martin-evangelism/
Posted by: andym

Re: If Heather still runs an auto dealership... - 29/11/2006 09:55

All I can say is, what a lucky bugger!
Posted by: Cris

Re: If Heather still runs an auto dealership... - 29/11/2006 10:25

My brother works at the Astin plant in Coventry. He had to work there for 3 years and get promoted several times before he got taken out in one, and even then he couldn't drive it. Athough he did comment he was glad of that. He got taken out by one of the test drivers for a couple of hours so he got the full experience

I am not too sure about the handmade carefully comments in the article, by all account they churn them out these days, well not in their 1000's of course but Ford has given them modern production etc...

Cheers

Cris.
Posted by: julf

Re: If Heather still runs an auto dealership... - 29/11/2006 10:34

Quote:
I am not too sure about the handmade carefully comments in the article, by all account they churn them out these days, well not in their 1000's of course but Ford has given them modern production etc...

Agree. Astons are mass produced these days. If you really want a proper hand-made car, get a Bristol. If you want a sloppily hand-made car, buy a Morgan
Posted by: boxer

Re: If Heather still runs an auto dealership... - 29/11/2006 12:50

....and if you want to try Russian Engineering, get a TVR!

They say AM never made a profit:

I always liked the tale about the Hollywood actor (possibly Douglas Fairbanks, I can't remember) being shown round the Aston factory and saying that, for the publicity, he should get his at cost price, and got the reply: "Really, sir, thank you very much, most of our customers pay £300 less".
Posted by: music

Re: If Heather still runs an auto dealership... - 29/11/2006 18:05

Quote:
how to treat customers and even a *potential* customer:

I think this bolsters my old point about my friend, his Porsches, and teenage dreams.

You may not get a sale today but this is very good long-range planning for the brand. I wish more companies were willing to take such long-range perspectives with respect to customer service.
Posted by: music

Re: If Heather still runs an auto dealership... - 29/11/2006 18:12

Quote:
All I can say is, what a lucky bugger!

Especially if he got to drive the model with the built-in defibrillator and anti-poison kit!
Posted by: g_attrill

Re: If Heather still runs an auto dealership... - 29/11/2006 19:47

Quote:
Agree. Astons are mass produced these days. If you really want a proper hand-made car, get a Bristol. If you want a sloppily hand-made car, buy a Morgan

My boss recently got a V8 Vantage, immediate problems:

Problem one - the radio turned off when you adjust the volume, something that could have been found out in two minutes of use.

Problem two - there was a large scratch across the instrument panel cover - something you could see just by looking at the instruments.

Problem three - the theft tracking system was recalled and the car needed to go back with two days notice.

Problem four - after 1,000 miles the emissions light came on during a journey, so it needs to go back for that too.

However that is waayyy better than the Maserati GranSport he had previously...