Spare parts for Nokia phones

Posted by: andym

Spare parts for Nokia phones - 04/03/2008 23:11

Has anyone come across anywhere that sells components for Nokia phones? I need a new power socket and all the places found on Google only sell facias and screens and the like.
Posted by: lastdan

Re: Spare parts for Nokia phones - 04/03/2008 23:41

what model? what size jack?
I don't know of a place to buy parts, but I'm sure someone has a dead spare they could give up. I know I do.
Posted by: lectric

Re: Spare parts for Nokia phones - 05/03/2008 00:25

Aren't all Nokia power bricks the same? By extension aren't all the sockets the same? I have like 10 US chargers.... Looking for my phone now...
Posted by: gbeer

Re: Spare parts for Nokia phones - 05/03/2008 00:33

Originally Posted By: lectric
Aren't all Nokia power bricks the same? By extension aren't all the sockets the same? I have like 10 US chargers.... Looking for my phone now...

I think fashion has a role here. Where the actual plastic bit is shaped to match the housing/chassis.
Posted by: lectric

Re: Spare parts for Nokia phones - 05/03/2008 04:23

Yes, well, that could be an issue. I was under the impression that the square plastic bit was the same as well. Im am not claiming knowledge of it, I just thought since they all fit in the same peripherals....
Posted by: Roger

Re: Spare parts for Nokia phones - 05/03/2008 05:30

Originally Posted By: lectric
Yes, well, that could be an issue. I was under the impression that the square plastic bit was the same as well. Im am not claiming knowledge of it, I just thought since they all fit in the same peripherals....

Newer Nokia models have a smaller power jack than the older ones. Meant I had to replace my spare charger as well frown
Posted by: LittleBlueThing

Re: Spare parts for Nokia phones - 05/03/2008 07:08

I have a collection (!) of old Nokia 6210i phones - any use?
Pretty light without the battery so I could post you one or two...

Re: Spare parts for Nokia phones - 05/03/2008 16:34

I tracked down a service manual for it and had a go at dismantling it. It appears the DC jack socket isn't actually soldered to the board, it's held against the board and sits on several PCB pads. Once the cover is removed the jack socket simply slides out. It'll be a piece of cake to replace, if only I could find someone willing to supply the jack! Thinking of trawling ebay looking for suitable donor phones (any nokia with the small jack socket should work).

Re: Spare parts for Nokia phones - 05/03/2008 17:14

Hah! A bit of digging and putting my google-fu to use on ebay has revealed a gent in the Netherlands selling them for 3 quid a shot, so I've bought three. Never know when you might need another one.
Posted by: gbeer

Re: Spare parts for Nokia phones - 06/03/2008 01:28

You never did exactly say which model Nokia it was, you needed a part for.

Re: Spare parts for Nokia phones - 06/03/2008 08:05

it was an n95