VESA

Posted by: Dignan

VESA - 29/05/2008 13:19

Problem: I'm helping someone install a new TV and receiver. The old TV was a Panasonic LCD that he had had professionally installed. It sat on a swinging arm that was bolted into the wall. Well the new TV, a Toshiba 47HL167, requires a different size VESA mount. A smaller one.

What do we do? The arm is really solidly bolted onto the wall, and it looks like it would be hell to replace. It appears that there are merely some screws connecting the actual mount plate to the end of the arm, but I don't know if they're intended to be removed. Is it possible to just get a new plate, or are we looking at a whole new arm?
Posted by: mlord

Re: VESA - 29/05/2008 13:29

Myself, I would just make my own adapter plate from a square of good quality baltic birch plywood and four T-nuts.

But that's me. smile

EDIT: or a square (or even just two strips) of 1/4" plate steel, drilled and tapped for machine screws.
Posted by: andym

Re: VESA - 29/05/2008 16:17

That's what we've done when faced with the same problem.
Posted by: bbowman

Re: VESA - 29/05/2008 17:16

Pull out the drill and makes some new holes. works for me - your mount plate may differ, though. You may not even have to take it down!
Posted by: tman

Re: VESA - 29/05/2008 17:18

Go find a local metalworking shop and see if they'll make you a new one.
Posted by: mlord

Re: VESA - 29/05/2008 17:42

Originally Posted By: bbowman
Pull out the drill and makes some new holes. works for me - your mount plate may differ, though. You may not even have to take it down!

Duh.. smile Of course!

Cheers!
Posted by: gbeer

Re: VESA - 29/05/2008 23:06

One of the many shown here may work.