Post Your Logo Requests.

Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Post Your Logo Requests. - 16/01/2002 11:13

I'm bored, so if anyone wants a boot-up logo, I'll try my best. I will take the first 5 requests because I'm not THAT fast. hehe

Oh, BTW, whoever "arkous2" is- your Dodge Stealth logo is great! I thought my WRX was nice but yours takes the cake.

I will upload any logos to the Logo Site.
Posted by: njdboy

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 16/01/2002 13:10

I live in San Jose and I am a hockey fan, so how about a San Jose Sharks boot logo? That would be awesome!!

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 16/01/2002 13:42

Being from Detroit, and an avid Red Wings fan, you are really pushing it!

I'll see what I can come up with.
Posted by: rtundo

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 16/01/2002 13:46

Being a Pittsburgh Penguin fan......... although we already have a waving penguin.
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 16/01/2002 13:53

There's already a Flyers logo in the logo database.

Err, correction... There's already an Eastern Conference Leading Flyers logo in the logo database.

Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 16/01/2002 14:14

Marvin the Martian, bugs bunny, pinky and the brain, ren and stimpy.

Any of above would be great.

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 16/01/2002 16:41

The Wings are unstoppable right now, there is no competition for them. But if the playoffs were today, they would play LA. It couldn't happen two years in a row could it?

p.s. yes, we do still show replays at games of Osgood giving the puck to Ray Whitney in game 7.
Posted by: Chao

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 16/01/2002 17:41

Since nobody responded to the other thread, can somebody up my Brain or Grand prix logo to the Riocar site? (Hell, or at least give me an opinion :P)
Posted by: Ezekiel

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 16/01/2002 20:12

Chilly Willy & a stack of pancakes!

-Zeke
Posted by: acurasquirrel

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 16/01/2002 23:51

How about an Acura Integra logo if you put an actual picture of one on there make it a Gen 3 teg.......for those not in the loop thats the 94-01 models

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 07:13

Okay everybody, I think this will keep me busy for a while, so no more requests untill I catch up. Besides, you may want to see if I'm any good!

Integruh - You want a type R or anything specific? I will try to do the car. If I can't I'll just do the badge.

Chao - Why don't you just sign up at the logo site? (I will post yours anyway).

What do you guys think of this one?

It is Hugo "Altman" trapped in a empty equipment rack!

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 08:45

Cool but it does mean one more request, can we get more of the empeg team in an empeg

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 09:23

I actually wanted to do more staff photos. I only found two photos of Hugo that were good enuff to use. I couldn't find any of Roger and Rob etc... If someone could point me to more photos..... wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean?

EDIT: Here are a few more. If anyone likes them, I'll upload them in bmp format forthe logo site... (same with the Hugo one above) No sense in uploading them if nobody wants them!

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 09:50

Have you tried the geek site

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 10:15

No I didn't try the Geek Site... Thanks for the heads up. I just went to RioCar.org

Here is the Penguins:

Again, I am not going to upload it until I get a thumbs up from the requestor(S).
Posted by: Roger

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 10:18

In case you didn't notice the link at the top of the BBS page, you want geek.empeg.com

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 10:42

I might have to start including these as attachments if my servers gets slammed...

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 11:08

Yeah that is sweet, upload the Sharks one for me! Thanks man, you rock.

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 11:15

Still working on these.... here are some of Roger.... The first in Spain (didn't turn out too good) and the second at a pub crawl...

Posted by: svferris

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 11:24

What program are you using to create all these? EmpegVid?

Could you explain the process?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 13:36

It looks like he's using a combination of a photo editor like Paint Shop Pro, combined with my logo editor program. That's just a guess.

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 14:12

Here's what I've been doing...

After I find the image, I load it into "Irfanview." It is a little photo "viewer" program that is really great. I use it as my default viewer for all JPG's, GIF's and PNG's. It is really cool because you can point it to a directory and just press the space bar or backspace button to browse all of the images in the directory. Small program too.

This program lets you do basic edits. I use it to quickly crop, convert to greyscale and re-sample to 32 pixels high. Then I keep adjusting the brightness, contrast or sharpness with it - each time pasting into Tony's LogoEditor - until I get the right result. I use Paint (the one that comes with Windows) a little bit and use Tony's editor for the preview and the little touchups. It is not very efficient running 3 programs, but that Irfanview is such a small program and I really suck at Photoshop. Besides, it'd take up too many resources and I've already got emplode and MusicMatch running.

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 17:40

Awesome!! Thanks Brad. I'll boot this with pride.
Posted by: svferris

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 18:38

Do you worry at all about the proper shades of gray? I think Tony noted approximations of the shades the empeg does in the FAQ.

When I tried making some logos, I had grays that seemed bright in Photoshop be really dull on the empeg, or vice-versa.
Posted by: otowneddie

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 19:47

Nissan Maxima please.

thanks
Posted by: rob

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 19:58

Doesn't look much like Roger, but Jenny came out well!

(this is where someone points out it isn't Jenny, it's actually Mike or John)

Rob

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 20:00

Well.. it's a good advert for Ikea desk accessories anyway.

Rob
Posted by: Taym

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 20:10

Now, are you in the US or are you up at 4am just like me?
Posted by: declain

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 17/01/2002 22:01

So much boredom...You must be unemployed like me???

Attached is one I just did, which happens to be my personal favorite.... A little small, but I am in the process of getting my password so I can upload to riocar.org...

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 18/01/2002 04:41

I'm in the UK, but still on US time *yawn*

Rob

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 18/01/2002 08:38

Yes, getting the proper shades of grey is the hard part. All of the previews I am posting now are actual previews from Tony's LogoEditor, so that is how they will actually appear. I have to adjust the contrast, sharpness (this basically reduces the number of shades of gray as does contrast), gamma and brightness - basically just guessing. Every adjustment I make, I just copy to the clipboard and paste into the logoeditor.

I just got into work (and got caught up in an Unreal match yesterday) so I will finally post some of these logos on the logo page.

Yes, the image of Rob needs to have the lamp removed! I noticed that myself too.

The pic of Roger and Jenny didn't turn out well at all (I mean MY version of it), but I like the one from the pub crawl.

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 18/01/2002 09:07

The San Jose Sharks logo has been uploaded... So I am removing the preview image from my server. BUT, I included it as an attachment. I imagine it will be up on the logo page by the end of the day.

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 18/01/2002 09:12

Same thing for the Penguins... The logo has been removed from my server (so on page 1, you will see the lovely white box with the red X unless you have it in memory).

It will appear on the logo site soon, but I included the preview as an attachment.

(Sorry for posting to my own thread so much! )

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 18/01/2002 14:00

The logos are up on the logo site!

Hugo, Rob, Roger, Ren&Stimpy, Penguins and Sharks... I'll work on more logos over the weekend. Thanks guys!

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 18/01/2002 14:24

Thank YOU.

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 18/01/2002 16:20

Thanks man, that was very nice of you to do that.

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 21/01/2002 13:45

Okay everybody... I just uploaded the "Chilly Willy" logo and did a Red Wings logo for Stevie getting his 1000th assist last night!

I am working on a Nisson Maxima logo now, and then maybe a few more "staff" photos... after that, I'll start a new thread.
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: Post Your Logo Requests. - 21/01/2002 19:48

Photoshop is terrible for index colour use anyway.

The best is still Brilliance and Deluxe Paint from the Amiga (version 2E was available for DOS). The closest and simplest alternative I've found for Windows is iMage. It's free but has some bugs. Cosmigo's ProMotion is really cool, but unfortunately has interface problems I can't stand. MS Paint is terrible.

Even though the empeg has a few shades, you're pretty much working only with three palette positions. The two shades are nearly identical that often it's pointless to use them both.

I put a pretty nice Clarion logo next to Tony's Tux which works well on my player. I'd like to redo the Clarion from scratch though. The one I used is based on a larger Clarion logo I downloaded - I know I can make a perfect one if I did it from scratch (I used to do a lot of bitmap stuff

Bruno