OT: Sonic Rio Volt 250

Posted by: nikko

OT: Sonic Rio Volt 250 - 17/01/2002 22:41

Ok, so I just got the Rio Volt 250. I let it charge over night, and when I tried to turn it on, nothing happened. Both the remote and cd player HOLD buttons are definitely in the off position. Any ideas? So far, I'm not too impressed.
Posted by: svferris

Re: OT: Sonic Rio Volt 250 - 17/01/2002 23:36

You probably have it in "stealth mode". It's one of the new features.

Hey, look at it this way...you didn't pay an extra $299 for the tuner.

Thank you, thank you...I'm here all evening.

Re: OT: Sonic Rio Volt 250 - 18/01/2002 00:15

Is that a joke? If it's an Empeg reference, I won't get it. Mine supposedly shipped but I still don't have it.
Posted by: svferris

Re: OT: Sonic Rio Volt 250 - 18/01/2002 00:20

Ok, seriously...

If you bought the player from a store, I'd just take it back and swap it. If you bought it from the SonicBlue store...well that's a whole different issue.

This might sound stupid, but are you sure the batteries are good?

Re: OT: Sonic Rio Volt 250 - 18/01/2002 00:35

I bought from Amazon.com Obviously, I'd rather not have to deal with shipping it back and all that. If I have to I will, I just thought maybe this was a common occurence. No, I'm not sure the batteries work. They are the ones that came with it, which I presume are new. If anyone has had a similar experience, I'd be curious to hear how it got resolved.
Posted by: drakino

Re: OT: Sonic Rio Volt 250 - 18/01/2002 02:23

Unfortunatly I can't share my experiences, becuase the one I bought my sister for XMas came without the 2ed pair of headphones and rechargable batteries.

By what I understand though, they are normal NiMH batteries. Can someone confirm? If they are, I can let my sister borrow 2 from me while trying to get the missing parts from SonicBlue.