Thinforth's adventures

Posted by: muzza

Thinforth's adventures - 23/01/2002 15:21

He Is currently here i believe. And may be shipping out soon. I'll keep you updated if I can.

For those who dont know the Australian west coast, there isn't much there except scenery. And a pub or two.
Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: Thinforth's adventures - 23/01/2002 15:41

This is Ms_Thinfourth here although i havent managed to get this id to log on for me yet keeps saying invalid password. I blame Paul anyway as he set it up for me.
Anyway you are right he is in the land of Oz sailing towards Japan as we speak.
He will be pleased to know you are thinking about him though
Posted by: frog51

Re: Thinforth's adventures - 24/01/2002 06:49

Oh no no no...It's the one place in the world I would move to, having been round much of the world in my travels. Fremantle and Perth are just lovely - mellow, warm, laid back...mmm mmm I'm imagining the Bundy & coke right now!

FYI I'm Scottish and live in Edinburgh, so I'm not being patriotic or defensive or anything:)
[Edited addition]
Mind you, if I'd followed muzza's link - I'd have been a lot more accurate:) Up there is pretty empty, and pretty scenic.

(note to self - don't just post without following links. D'oh)
Posted by: frog51

Re: Thinforth's adventures - 24/01/2002 06:52

Mind you - there may be an element of truth there. A lot of the attraction is scenery and the aforementioned pubs
The wineries, though, are superb.
Posted by: smu

Re: Thinforth's adventures - 24/01/2002 07:11

Hi.

For those who dont know the Australian west coast, there isn't much there except scenery. And a pub or two.

Couldn't you say just that for most of Australian coasts (or even most part of Australia for what its worth)?

cu,
sven
Posted by: muzza

Re: Thinforth's adventures - 25/01/2002 05:20

I'll admit that 98% of Australia's coastline is 'just scenic'. The populated areas are so tiny compared to the size of the continent. That part of the country is remote even by Oz standards. Probably why they're sending such volatile liquids there. In that area, there would be a band of around a kilometre along the shoreline that would be interesting and then just plains n stuff.
The south west is much nicer and habitable.