Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position.

Posted by: jbauer

Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 29/01/2002 09:53

Hi All,

Again, I'm back to the well to try and find another person to hire. This time, it's for Sunnyvale CA.

Here's the job description...

Please only apply if you can...

- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of firewall and VPN solutions.
- Reference a security background with experience using security assessment tools and techniques.

Description of Duties
* We seek a senior level networking and security professional to partner with our sales people to: help develop the Pro Service business, deliver services to our customers, and work closely with our partners.
* Responsibilities will include designing and conducting network and security audits, designing networks at a high and low level, installing various types of hardware and software, conducting formal and informal training, customizing software, analyzing, configuring, and troubleshooting.
* This is a diverse and rapidly evolving position. You will be part of a growing team that is dedicated to success – you’ll need to be flexible in your areas of support as we have a philosophy of doing “anything it takes” to get things done.
* Position is based in the NetScreen headquarters (Sunnyvale), and may require up to 70% travel - both domestic and international.

Requirements
* CISSP and/or SANS certification(s) is a huge plus.
* At least ten years experience with LAN/WAN/Internet services.
* A minimum of five years of security consulting experience within any of the following areas: assessing risk, security auditing and monitoring, network/security architecture design, policy development, security education and awareness training.
* Strong understanding of security principles, firewalls, encryption protocols, & server / desktop security.
* Strong working Windows, NT, & Unix/Linux OS skills.
* Important technologies and protocols include: VPN, IPSEC, L2TP, SSL, DES, 3DES, MD5, PKI, NAT, OSPF, BGP, Oracle, Crystal Reports.
* Experience in implementing security solutions like firewalls, virtual private networks, intrusion detection systems and vulnerability analysis tools are very desirable.
* Sales experience is also a big plus.
* Applicant must have strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Network analysis tools and diagnostic experience.
* BS/EE/CS or equivalent experience.

Please see www.netscreen.com...

Please send me a resume if you are interested. [email protected]

- Thanx!
- Jon
Posted by: PaulH

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 29/01/2002 13:09

Job sounds good, I'd even think about taking it if I wasn't the
wrong side on the pond.

I hope you are going to pay to going to pay the BBS the finders fee

PaulH

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 29/01/2002 13:24

You can relocate... :-)

Finders fee? Oh, yeah, right!

- Jon
Posted by: PaulH

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 29/01/2002 13:37

Tempting, how about you pay for me to come out for an
interview!
Posted by: Tim

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 30/01/2002 10:54

Funny story about Sunnyvale. My parents were both lifers in the Air Force. My mom was a BEE (Bio-Environmental Engineer, the chem cleanup people). When she retired, the only place that offered her the money that her job/education was worth was in Sunnyvale. She decided to rather stay 'retired' and just work part time rather than taking a job in California. Serious respect points were earned on that one

--edit
Oops, just read the part about 'don't reply unless you are interested'

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 30/01/2002 10:59

What are you saying about California?

...and where did she decide to stay?

- Jon

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 30/01/2002 11:05

My parents ended up staying where they were stationed when they retired - Offutt AFB, Bellevue, NE. Not my choice. They like that tornado alley/midwestern thing. Hell, we were stationed at Minot for 9 years. I never did figure out who they pissed off...

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 30/01/2002 11:23

No offense, Bellevue NE is a very nice place (if you like that kind of thing), but it doesn't hold a candle to the Bay area...

Sorry, no flame war intended - you started this!

- Jon

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 30/01/2002 11:29

I left there as soon as I could. I spent exactly 11 months in NE before leaving for school (out of state).

The Bay area is nice, but just too many damn people. I really like where I am at now. Nice weather (except for today), awesome landscape, and anything you could possibly want in a few hours drive max.
Posted by: eternalsun

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 30/01/2002 14:28

Jon,

If the position has not been filled, can you send me a contact phone number? I have a lady friend who fits the bill and meets your above requirements, *and* is looking for a job. I can recommend her with the highest accolades.

Calvin
Posted by: davec

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 30/01/2002 16:02

we were stationed at Minot for 9 years

Why not Minot? I love that t-shirt!! And the airport, it's so HUGE!!!
Two gates, and the whole town is there to watch you deplane. Definitley not a connection city...
Posted by: dionysus

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 03/02/2002 15:08

It's a small world.. one of my more obnoxious buddies is works over there... (Tom)
-mark

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 03/02/2002 15:21

The bay area was definately over-crowded when I moved here last year; but it's equalized...
-mark

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 03/02/2002 15:31

What's Tom's last name?

- Jon

Re: Hiring for Sunnyvale, CA position. - 03/02/2002 19:29

Tom Tovar
-m