Headphone repair

Posted by: acurasquirrel

Headphone repair - 13/02/2002 16:34

I have a pair of nice Sony V700 DJ headphones and the end connector was chewed off by my roommates dog is there anyway to repair it? These are like $150 headphones and I dont want to trash em.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Headphone repair - 13/02/2002 16:38

Sure. Just get the parts at Radio shack and do the necessary soldering. I repair headphone cords all the time.

You have to be pretty good with doing this sort of thing, though. If you're not, make friends with someone who is.
Posted by: acurasquirrel

Re: Headphone repair - 13/02/2002 16:40

I read something about sony wires being coated in something and having to burn the coating off with alcohol or something.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Headphone repair - 13/02/2002 17:54

In the future, you might be interested in a pair of Sennheiser headphones. They have replaceable cords.
Posted by: BartDG

Re: Headphone repair - 14/02/2002 04:29

Yeah, but I've thrashed three sennheiser headsets so far. Everytime the plug connector on the headphone itself is damaged because I stand on the cord with my clumsy big feet. Always happens when DJ'ing...
So I've repaired those sets by soldering the cord directly to the headset again. Hasn't failed me yet...

I wouldn't trade in Sennheiser for anything else though ; I love their sound quality.