Chilli Nuts

Posted by: thenominous

Chilli Nuts - 27/02/2002 04:47

My girlfriend keeps bring these back to England from Norway every time she goes, however at around £5 a time for 200 grams its getting a little expensive. I know you can get them a lot cheaper from Sweden, but has anyone in the UK seen them for sale here?

Pics on request...
Great with beer, or anything else!
Posted by: davec

Re: Chilli Nuts - 27/02/2002 08:05

What kind of chiles? Attach the picture to a post and I'll see if I can help. Lots of chile sources here, and willing to help out a fellow chilehead in need...

Or do you actually mean nuts with covered with chile powder?
Posted by: robricc

Re: Chilli Nuts - 27/02/2002 08:26

These used to be a store in the mall here that had peanuts covered in chili power. The were hot as hell. I am a wuss, so I could only eat one. Unfortunately they are out of business, otherwise I would send you some.

EDIT: These are not the same brand, but I think this is what you're talking about.
Posted by: njdboy

Re: Chilli Nuts - 27/02/2002 15:27

Ok this post has got me inspired to return to my search of finding "Boots Hair Gel". UK people:

I bought "Boots Hair Gel" at Boots (obviously) drug store in London years ago. I loved it so I stocked up. Now I am all out. If anyone knows if they still sell it let me know. I would love to get some more.

I don't have a picture of it, but it basically is a clear gel in a "salsa, cheez whiz-like" blue container.
Posted by: Oli

Re: Chilli Nuts - 27/02/2002 15:35

how many crates of boots hair gel would you swap for an empeg tuner?

Oli.
Posted by: rob

Re: Chilli Nuts - 28/02/2002 03:26

Boots is kind of the equivalent of Walgreens, and I'd think that they change their own-brand ranges on a regular basis.

http://www.wellbeing.com/shop/product_list.jsp?classificationid=594

They don't even seem to list the own-brand range on the net (although I don't think they uses the name Boots on the actual products any more).

Rob
Posted by: peter

Re: Chilli Nuts - 28/02/2002 03:57

These used to be a store in the mall here that had peanuts covered in chili power.

I was in New Orleans last year, and one of their specialities seemed to be peanuts boiled in their shells in chilli-flavoured water. They were sold still in their shells, so you'd open these peanuts and find chilli nuts inside. But I have to say that shelling them first, then covering them in chilli, sounds like a more obvious way of doing it...

Peter
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Chilli Nuts - 28/02/2002 07:50

But I have to say that shelling them first, then covering them in chilli, sounds like a more obvious way of doing it...

Yeah but that would be *more work* for the guy who makes them... Gotta love that American ingenuity.
Posted by: tms13

Re: Chilli Nuts - 28/02/2002 08:41

If these are peanuts with a chilli-powder coating, then Sainsbury do some. They're not that spicy, but they do make a pleasant change from naked peanuts.
Posted by: grgcombs

Chilli Nuts -- Brrrrrr! - 28/02/2002 10:35

Yes it is that cold in Dallas this week.

g
Posted by: njdboy

Re: Chilli Nuts - 28/02/2002 16:11

So what happened to all the Boots stuff though? They had a whole line of stuff. All the brands on the well being site are brands I can get here in the good ol US of A. Is there no more Boots store? Or is only the online store selling brands?
Posted by: eternalsun

Re: Chilli Nuts - 04/03/2002 16:33

Ok, I just bought a can of Ass Kickin' Peanuts and they are delicious!! Not too spicy, just right for a clean sweet burn.

Calvin