DirecTiVo + Caller ID

Posted by: robricc

DirecTiVo + Caller ID - 02/05/2002 18:42

It has finally been done. Caller ID is able to be superimposed with DirecTiVo boxen. I plan on getting this working this weekend as soon as I can get to Radio Shack to rig-up the serial cable. Vicious.

Read about it here
Get the program here

Posted by: tfabris

Re: DirecTiVo + Caller ID - 02/05/2002 18:46

Suh wheet.

Damn, it's getting harder and harder to justify my sticking with big-dish.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: DirecTiVo + Caller ID - 02/05/2002 18:47

Then again, the data compression artifacts in that photo are obvious, so maybe I'm still right to stick with my analog system.

Re: DirecTiVo + Caller ID - 02/05/2002 19:11

I'd probably be using the BUD if I had the property... maybe.

Dual tuners on the DirecTiVo combo boxes is a killer app. I would likely be unable to live too long without it.
Posted by: Daria

Re: DirecTiVo + Caller ID - 08/05/2002 12:20

In reply to:

Damn, it's getting harder and harder to justify my sticking with big-dish.

Why, a standalone TiVo won't work with it?

Nothing should actually stop this program from working on a standalone TiVo

Re: DirecTiVo + Caller ID - 08/05/2002 12:27

Nothing should actually stop this program from working on a standalone TiVo

Modems on Standalone Series 1 Tivos seem to not have caller ID capability. My Sony DirecTivo is not responding to the program either. I have another DirecTivo (Philips) that I could try it on, but it is a hacking virgin. I'd rather not pop the seal just yet.
Posted by: NiCKEL

Re: DirecTiVo + Caller ID - 08/05/2002 15:33

If you read the thread, apparently the Hughes DircTivo units also don't work out of the box. There is a suggestion on connecting a few leads to the modem IC. Apparently the IC supports caller ID and the required hardware is pretty much all there.

Perhaps a similar trick could work on the standalone tivo? (I will be popin mine open tonight to look )