Re: baT - 02/05/2002 22:38

Shift + Tab
Posted by: visuvius

Re: baT - 02/05/2002 22:47

whoa.
Posted by: Dignan

Re: baT - 02/05/2002 23:42

Ha! for a second I thought you meant like in a word processor setting

God I love keyboard shortcuts. People use mice way too often.
Posted by: Roger

Re: baT - 03/05/2002 06:18

The Windows UI guidelines suggest that Shift should reverse the direction of an action, i.e. Shift-Tab goes backwards through fields, Alt+Shift+Tab goes backwards through applications, Shift+F3 searches for the previous match, etc., etc..
Posted by: smu

Re: baT - 05/05/2002 05:55

Yeah, but then why is
CTRL-Z undo and
CTRL-Y redo
I would suspect CTRL-SHIFT-Z to be redo (as it should have the reverse effect of CTRL-Z).

Well, Windows wasn't ever really consistant, was it?

cu,
sven

Re: baT - 05/05/2002 11:48

I've found that some programs use CTRL+SHIFT+Z, but I do agree with you. It would only make it easier anyway. you can hit the CTRL and SHIFT keys with one finger, and the Z is right next to them. That's a lot easier than stretching to hit the Y in the middle of the board, or using both hands.
Posted by: smu

Re: baT - 05/05/2002 15:53

Except for those with a german (and AFAIK some other national type) keyboard, where Y and Z change positions.

cu,
sven

Re: baT - 06/05/2002 16:01

Speaking of keyboard shortcuts, there's been one I've been looking for for a while.

Is there a shorcut to maximize any window, especially an IE window?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: baT - 06/05/2002 16:46

Is there a shorcut to maximize any window, especially an IE window?

Yes.

Alt+spacebar opens up the control-menu box of any parent window, then you can choose the appropriate shortcut letter (x for maximize, etc.).

For any child window, Alt+hyphen opens up the control-menu box of the child window.

Remember back in the days of Windows 2.0 and Windows 3.1? The control-menu boxes of the child and parent windows had a little "line" graphic in them... a long line for the parent windows and a short line for the child windows. These were actually mnemonics for space and hyphen.