Rio Receiver Software Update???

Posted by: ineedcolor

Rio Receiver Software Update??? - 01/07/2002 20:45

<rant>

1. I know about the Rio Receiver BBS
2. I know that the Empeg staff are focused on other projects....

I decided to post here because the aforementioned BBS is not getting much business lately and most of the key players are active here as well.

Please, Please release an update for the Rio reciever, I just purchased two and desire to make the most of their potential capability.

....or I'll have to dive into JReceiver with WinXP...Yikes.

</rant>

Posted by: caseyse

Re: Rio Receiver Software Update??? - 01/07/2002 22:21

Been using JReceiver for several months (since v.0.1.5) and its VERY nice. My server runs under Linux, and as expected, hasn't missed a beat (so to speak) without requiring a single reboot in 8 months. Now, the Rio Receiver kernel definately needs some enhancements, such as a cleaner UI. Those empeg Ltd. folks have designed some outstanding products.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Rio Receiver Software Update??? - 02/07/2002 07:03

Does JReceiver have a track number limit?
Posted by: Terminator

Re: Rio Receiver Software Update??? - 02/07/2002 08:17

No, but it does take a few hrs to set up for windows.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Rio Receiver Software Update??? - 02/07/2002 10:12

Does JReceiver have a track number limit?

No, but the player software on the receiver itself will still crash if fed too many tracks. So JReceiver just doesn't send it so many tracks that it crashes. Doesn't completely solve the problem, but stops the player from crashing. More details here, in the FAQ section OF THE APPROPRIATE BBS FOR THIS TOPIC.
Posted by: ineedcolor

Re: Rio Receiver Software Update??? - 02/07/2002 13:16

Gee, sorry Dad....
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Rio Receiver Software Update??? - 02/07/2002 13:19

I've seen more threads locked for posting about the Reciever or Central than I have when people flame or crosspost. hehe