rsync'ing to karma

Posted by: skibum

rsync'ing to karma - 16/08/2003 09:47

I currently use mp3tofid and rsync to update my empegs. Mainly so I don't ever have to remember what I've added or what tags I've changed.

I don't suppose either I'll be able to rsync on the karma or have it software detect timestamp changes and new tracks automatically?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: rsync'ing to karma - 16/08/2003 09:52

I seem to recall that there is an automatic synchronization feature in Rio Music Manager.
Posted by: simspos

Re: rsync'ing to karma - 18/08/2003 00:19

I seem to recall that there is an automatic synchronization feature in Rio Music Manager.
- seem to recall either Rob, Roger or Peter ( hedging my bets nicely ) saying the synchronisation feature doesn't detect tag changes!

Sim

Ahhh, found it, t'was Roger... "also, if you make changes to the tags on the files, then will RMM pick those changes up and transmit them to the karma? .........No!"
Posted by: peter

Re: rsync'ing to karma - 18/08/2003 01:14

seem to recall either Rob, Roger or Peter ( hedging my bets nicely ) saying the synchronisation feature doesn't detect tag changes!
Unfortunately true -- that feature was on the list but didn't make the cut for 1.0. We're still hoping to do it in a future firmware release.

Peter