So is it really coming out tomorrow.

Posted by: msaeger

So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 02/09/2003 22:45

So does anyone think any stores will have the Karma tomorrow ?

According to the "Best Buy" website the Nirtus is in the stores.
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 03/09/2003 04:32

No. At least, not that I know of.

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 03/09/2003 16:32

I thought maybe amazon had the right date.
Posted by: DLF

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 03/09/2003 17:02

Wouldn't that be a first....
Posted by: JaBZ

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 03/09/2003 19:05

a lot of sites say 3rd or 4th. It's the 4th here today, so i'm gonna have to wait till 5th to see if anyone has got it

cheers,
Jai

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 03/09/2003 19:08

Amazon completly removed the eta now it just says unavialable
Posted by: KungFuCow

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 03/09/2003 20:32

Im jonesing.. I really need a portable player and don't want to have to go out and buy an iPod. Best Buy has a place for it on the shelf already so hopefully it isnt far off.

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 03/09/2003 20:41

A date would be nice anyway.
Posted by: KungFuCow

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 03/09/2003 20:53

Yea.. I asked for an approximate date in another thread and got my head bitten off. I wont make that mistake again.

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 03/09/2003 21:01

If I had a date I could tell all the people I see buying ipods when to come back and get something better.
Posted by: JaBZ

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 04/09/2003 04:50

Yup I completely understand. I've been waiting almost 9 months!! In Jan, I was going to purchase an ipod I had my $$ and I put an order in thru work.
I came home that night and read about the pearl announcement I thought about it for a day and then cancelled my order for the ipod. I've been waiting patiently, I have a Compaq pa-2 MMC card based player which has kept me going, absolute crap compared to the players available now. But I resisted temptation and now release of the karma is imminent!!! I just hope Rob’s prebuy for us internationals comes through, if not I'll have to find a way to source one!

cheers
Jai
Posted by: Mataglap

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 05/09/2003 15:52

I went into a Best Buy today here in San Diego. They had a few Nitruses on the rack, and a tag for the Karma in the locked display case with the iPods. I asked about one, and was told they are not expecting stock until the 14th? 19th? Something like that.

--Nathan
Posted by: PeterDLai

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 06/09/2003 16:16

I went to a Best Buy in San Diego too. It's a small one in Mira Mesa.

A Rio representative came there at the same time and was educating the Best Buy employees about the Nitrus and Cali, etc. He also talked to customers of MP3 players and tried to convince them to buy the Rio products (well of course). He said that the Karma would be in stores in a few days, but I am not sure. He said they shipped already.

His name was Scott. Does Scott visit these forums? Heh.
Posted by: rob

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 07/09/2003 17:13

He was probably from our PR company.

I'd expect to see Karmas in stores by the end of the month, maybe a bit sooner.

Rob
Posted by: phi144

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 10/09/2003 12:14

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but, will there be an option to buy extra docks for either Karma? I assume they are not interchangable between the 20 and 40 since the size of the actual units differ. If they are going to be sold what would be the estimated price?
Posted by: rob

Re: So is it really coming out tomorrow. - 10/09/2003 16:03

I believe they will be sold (maybe not from day 1) but I have no idea of the price.

Rob